aswartzw Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 28
27 replies
Cakebelle Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 28

For the "One a kind Couple" hehehehehe icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SweetStuff30 Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 28

hahaahh thats funny........ must be unique ppl to use that!!

aswartzw Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 28

Yeah, I was admiring how pretty the cake was and the flowers and then....BAM!

I had to look twice to see if it was true! lol

snowboarder Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #5 of 28

The story behind the topper is in the description next to the photo

Sunset nuptails set the stage for southwest color and Mexican heritage

A friend bought this unique Mexican cake topper (called "Los Muertos") for Victoria as a shower gift; "Itâs a traditional symbol of a couple being together forever," the bride explains, "even after death."

toodlesjupiter Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:15am
post #6 of 28

Ok, I must be unique, because i think it's really cool. Unique or just weird not sure which, but that's me. icon_wink.gif

diane Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:02am
post #7 of 28

now that is freaky!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Auryn Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:17am
post #8 of 28

i think its cool too

vickymacd Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:28am
post #9 of 28

I'm all about 'symbolism' and thought this was awesome.

OR my daughter would love to be married on Halloween and this would be awesome. Or maybe a Cinco de Mayo wedding? I love it!

giggysmack Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:40am
post #10 of 28

My husband and I were married on Halloween and we had a Halloween wedding cake. I had two choices for a topper Nightmare before Christmas and a similar bride and groom like posted. I went with Nightmare before Christmas but I still have the other topper. For a wedding gift my friend gave us an animated bride and groom decoration they are about 2.5 feet tall and they sing "I got you babe" Many poeple still tell me it was the best wedding they've been to (everyone dressed up)
Here is a photo of my cake there are some wedding shots in the album too!
http:[email protected]/2393533007/in/set-72157605207208628/
I also have it in my photos

luelue1971 Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:52am
post #11 of 28

This was my very first wedding cake.

I have to admit I was a little dissappointed that my first attempt at a wedding cake was so non-traditional.

They were thrilled.
LL

Erdica Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder

A friend bought this unique Mexican cake topper (called "Los Muertos") for Victoria as a shower gift; "Itâs a traditional symbol of a couple being together forever," the bride explains, "even after death."

I am from New Mexico. So this is not a shock for me at all. LOL. I think it's really neat when couples do something "out of the box". We almost had Star Wars toppers on our cake. Yikes! Glad I didn't agree to that. LOL.

giggysmack Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #13 of 28

luelue1971 I really like the wedding cake you made the topper is pretty cool too!

luelue1971 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:04pm
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

luelue1971 I really like the wedding cake you made the topper is pretty cool too!

Thanks, I actually kind of redid the spiderwebs after the picture was taken so it looked a little better.

aswartzw Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:39pm
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdica

I think it's really neat when couples do something "out of the box". We almost had Star Wars toppers on our cake. Yikes! Glad I didn't agree to that. LOL.

Now what's wrong with that!? I so would want a Star Wars topper (Leia and Han). Seriously, as a kid, I had a perfect Star Wars wedding planned out right down to the Imperial March being played for the Wedding March. icon_wink.gif

I thoroughly enjoy the story behind the topper but it's definitely not something you'd expect. I actually like what it stands for but personally I might stick it on the groom's cake or something (not my $1000 wedding cake!) icon_lol.gif

lilyanddayne Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:04pm
post #16 of 28

I JUST KEEP LOOKING AT THE PERFECT EDGES ON THAT SQUARE CAKE!

lanibird Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:05pm
post #17 of 28
Quote:

I am from New Mexico. So this is not a shock for me at all.

I was just about to say the same thing. Saw the picture, then saw that the wedding was in Albuquerque, my hometown, and thought, "Ok, well that makes sense then!" icon_lol.gif

keconnell08 Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:20pm
post #18 of 28

My DD had a similar topper on her wedding cake. I loved it!

This cake was from Cinderella Cakes in Orange County.

aswartzw Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by keconnell08

My DD had a similar topper on her wedding cake. I loved it!

This cake was from Cinderella Cakes in Orange County.

Now that's a cool cake!

snowboarder Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #20 of 28
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder

I am from New Mexico. So this is not a shock for me at all. LOL. I think it's really neat when couples do something "out of the box". We almost had Star Wars toppers on our cake. Yikes! Glad I didn't agree to that. LOL.

I'm from LA so it's not a shock for me either. icon_wink.gif

fondantgrl Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #21 of 28

I can only think of one reason why they would have this topper. It is an exact replica of how the Bride and Groom really look like, inside and out. icon_smile.gif

keconnell08 Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #22 of 28

It was very fitting for the bride and groom. They are both covered in tattoos.

And before anyone judges by the tattoos, I must say my Son-in-Law is the sweetest guy. He always helps me around the house, won't let me pump my own gas if they are with me, helps me bake and clean the kitchen afterwards and he absolutely adores my DD. thumbs_up.gif

Funny Glasses added to say within the photo posting terms icon_lol.gif

luelue1971 Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:30pm
post #23 of 28
Quote:

Glad you cleared that up. I thought that was the actual wedding photo. icon_eek.gif

Amia Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:10pm
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by luelue1971

Quote:

Glad you cleared that up. I thought that was the actual wedding photo. icon_eek.gif

ME TOO! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And being from SA, that topper isn't a huge shocker to me either. I knew what it was right away (without reading the description on the side). In high school we even celebrated Dia De Los Muertos and sold pan de muerto (bread) and champurrado (it's like hot chocolate) during lunch.

aswartzw Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:57pm
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

In high school we even celebrated Dia De Los Muertos and sold pan de muerto (bread) and champurrado (it's like hot chocolate) during lunch.

Sounds like a foreign language to me! icon_lol.gif

My experience with the south is severely limited..... 2 layovers at Dallas/Ft. Worth and 3 trips to Florida.

mariela_ms Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:15pm
post #26 of 28

I love it!!!!!

And I love Pan de Muerto with Champurrado!!! Can you tell I'm Mexican?!?!

Dia de los muertos (day of the dead) is a very much celebrated holiday in Mexico. ITs all about remembering those who have passed away and making death a little "fun" I guess. THey do sugar skulls, bring food and drinks to the cementaries to represent the favorite foods of their loved ones....

Its pretty cool. Well, I grew up with it, so I guess its totally not weird for me. Heck I am even getting a tattoo this week of a Mexican Sugar Skull!

Im going to mexico city for the first time for a week so I wanted a great memory of it!

I would have loved to have thsi cake and topper for my wedding..Maybe I'll do it for one of my anniversaries......

giggysmack Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:24pm
post #27 of 28

Wow mariela_ms I wish we did that here!!

mariela_ms Posted 24 May 2008 , 12:03am
post #28 of 28

I know!!! I live right on the border so every year I get to eat that delicious bread they sell only on those days. Its a really neat tradition! People spend the whole day and night at the cementary, eating, they bring flowers....they even bring music!!
And the more you go down south in Mexico, it's even more popular! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%