Christian Music Listeners Please Pray For The Chapman Family

Lounge By Daisys_Cakes Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 10:24pm by Aliwis000

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I just received this email from my local christian radio station:

As you may know by now, Steven Curtis ChapmanÂs youngest daughter, 5 year old Maria, was struck and killed yesterday in their driveway by a vehicle driven by their teenage son. Few in our listening family can even comprehend the pain and suffering that the Chapman family is feeling right now, but all of us can be praying for them. Please continue to lift them up in prayer today and over the dark days and weeks to come.

Many in our radio family are wanting to communicate their love, prayers, and condolences to the Chapman family. All of the information you need, in case you want to do this, is at this link:

http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be made instead to the organization they founded to help families adopt needy children, ShaohannahÂs Hope.

I was shocked and very saddened at this news. I just resently had the priviledge of seeing him in concert and from the way he talked about them I know that his children are very precious to him. So please keep him and his family in your prayers!

5 replies
Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 6
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

I had just read about this and feel so sad for the family.

Just in the last couple of days two children have died similarly here in the DFW area, one killed by his mother and another by an uncle, both totally accidentally, and all totally tragically!

I will be remembering them all in their sorrow.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 May 2008 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 6

I did not hear this, thanks for bringing it to my attention! The family is certainly in my prayers! To have a child killed is a terrible tragedy anyway, but her brother is going to have a really hard time.

MollyBea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyBea Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:54am
post #5 of 6

My prayers will certainly be with them.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

I am not very familiar with this family inthe music world but I did hear of the accident. How horrible, my prayers are with that family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%