Making Mmf In The Cuisinart 7-Qt. Mixer

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 22 May 2008 , 8:54pm by cwcopeland

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 9

For those of you who have this mixer.....have you tried to make MMF in it? It seems to be that with the 1000 Watt motor, there shouldn't be a problem. I have a wedding cake the end of the month that is covered in MMF and would love to not have to mix all of those batches by hand! icon_cry.gif Is it possible that this is yet another advantage to my newest purchase???? icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 9

I can make it in my 800 watt mixer just fine, so you shouldn't have any problems!

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 9

I do not have that mixer. I have a KA. But I make my MMF in in. I just use the dough hook. I still have to do some by hand, but the hardest work and most messy, I do in my KA. HTH!

serialbabe1968 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serialbabe1968 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 9

I have a 5 qrt and I make regular fondant and mmf in it. I just take it out before it gets too hard and do the last bit by hand.

formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks much! I guess I'll try it when I get my new mixer! I have the KA 5 qt. but I thought I had heard that you couldn't make it in that mixer. Anyway, it sounds like with a 1000 Watt motor, I should be good to go!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 9

With a 1000 watt motor you could probably mix up some concrete....jk...don't try that! icon_lol.gif

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 9

I just ordered that mixer should be getting it soon, the first I am doing is MMf icon_wink.gif

formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamia

I just ordered that mixer should be getting it soon, the first I am doing is MMf icon_wink.gif

Mayamia - Since you're getting this mixer, you should find this information that I posted earlier interesting.

Hey guys! I was looking around the Internet for different articles and things on the new Cuisinart 7-qt. mixer that several of us have ordered. I found a form for a FREE blender attachment for it. Go to www.cuisinartwebstore.com and click on stand mixers, then click on the model you ordered. There is a form you can fill out and mail in to get this attachment. Man, it just keeps getting better and better!

Sandra

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 9

I have the 5 qt mixer and it's too much for my mixer. I quit making it. Buying it is much easier. icon_biggrin.gif Luckily, I don't use too much fondant or it would get expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%