Making Mmf In The Cuisinart 7-Qt. Mixer

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 22 May 2008 , 8:54pm by cwcopeland

formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 9

For those of you who have this mixer.....have you tried to make MMF in it? It seems to be that with the 1000 Watt motor, there shouldn't be a problem. I have a wedding cake the end of the month that is covered in MMF and would love to not have to mix all of those batches by hand! icon_cry.gif Is it possible that this is yet another advantage to my newest purchase???? icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
Amia Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 9

I can make it in my 800 watt mixer just fine, so you shouldn't have any problems!

ashcake Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 9

I do not have that mixer. I have a KA. But I make my MMF in in. I just use the dough hook. I still have to do some by hand, but the hardest work and most messy, I do in my KA. HTH!

serialbabe1968 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 9

I have a 5 qrt and I make regular fondant and mmf in it. I just take it out before it gets too hard and do the last bit by hand.

formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks much! I guess I'll try it when I get my new mixer! I have the KA 5 qt. but I thought I had heard that you couldn't make it in that mixer. Anyway, it sounds like with a 1000 Watt motor, I should be good to go!

Amia Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 9

With a 1000 watt motor you could probably mix up some concrete....jk...don't try that! icon_lol.gif

mayamia Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 9

I just ordered that mixer should be getting it soon, the first I am doing is MMf icon_wink.gif

formerbuckeye Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamia

I just ordered that mixer should be getting it soon, the first I am doing is MMf icon_wink.gif

Mayamia - Since you're getting this mixer, you should find this information that I posted earlier interesting.

Hey guys! I was looking around the Internet for different articles and things on the new Cuisinart 7-qt. mixer that several of us have ordered. I found a form for a FREE blender attachment for it. Go to www.cuisinartwebstore.com and click on stand mixers, then click on the model you ordered. There is a form you can fill out and mail in to get this attachment. Man, it just keeps getting better and better!

Sandra

cwcopeland Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 9

I have the 5 qt mixer and it's too much for my mixer. I quit making it. Buying it is much easier. icon_biggrin.gif Luckily, I don't use too much fondant or it would get expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%