Help - What Is This Thing????

Decorating By AZCakeGirl Updated 22 May 2008 , 10:24pm by pjaycakes

AZCakeGirl Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 13

Okay, I'm not sure what this is, but a box of them have been in the cake decorating aisle at my local supply shop for over a year but nobody knows exactly what it is (Hence, nobody has bought one either!). I know there are a lot of tools out there that I have not seen yet, but this one really has me stumped. I don't think it's a decorating tip or a crimper of any sort? Maybe some other pastry tool that doesn't really have much to do with cakes? The manager of the store is a friend of mine so she gave me one & said to ask around since several people can not figure it out. It's about 3 inches long & has the numbers 918 imprinted into the metal. Any ideas??????

12 replies
KASCARLETT Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 13

Gosh, I have no clue! It looks sorta like a pen clip to me! lol But the points really throws that off. They don't have it in the inventory list?

ericaann79 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 13

Is it a flower lifter? That is what the spikes on the end look like. If you slide it under a buttercream rose you can place it on a cake where you want it...

Homemade-Goodies Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 13

Especially maybe if you make roses on a dowel/stick instead of a nail??

Mothersuperior Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 13

Again, learn something new every day. thank you.

Mike1394 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 13

I think it gets inserted in the left B cheek of those people that don't think they need to ACTUALLY pay for a cake. Hehehehehehe


AZCakeGirl Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 13

A flower lifter! Thank you so much, you've ended a year of questions! Funny, we were joking around & I told her I thought it looked like a finger brace with a nasty point on it! Turns out, it really does go on your finger! Thank you again!!!!

ashcake Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #9 of 13

It is a flower lifter. I used one in my Course I for the roses.

becky27 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 13

wow that is pretty cool!!! but has anyone actually used that specific one??? and if so did they like it!!!!

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 13

wow this is cool I might just have to purchase one of these....

becklynn Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:08pm
post #12 of 13

Always something new to learn on CC!
Mike: I love your response - thanks for the laugh!!!

pjaycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:24pm
post #13 of 13

Too funny Mike - For those people I would like to position it just a bit to the right of your position. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%