Cambo - Where Are You????

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 1:08am by Mamas

Newatdecorating Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 25

What's happened to Cambo? Noticed all her pictures and articles are no longer posted.

24 replies
KHalstead Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 25

oh no!!!! hopefully nothing happened to her.........she's great inspiration!!

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 25

Wow.. so sad.. I have noticed A LOT of people are MIA as is their work..

I miss them icon_sad.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 25

Cammie, is a very dear friend of mine... she took her photos off of CC a couple weeks back. She still lurks in the threads every once in a while, but not like she used to. You can always see her photos on her website

www.cleverconfections.com

I will send her an email and let her know to check the thread out icon_smile.gif

I miss her too! Not to mention my saved gallery was nearly depleted when she left icon_sad.gif

mkolmar Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 25

I really miss her also! icon_cry.gif

kneadacookie Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 25

why did she leave???????

CarolAnn Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 25

I've been wondering about her lately too. I hope all is well.

Newatdecorating Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 25

Oh, wow! I forgot all about her pictures in my favorites gallery. Mine went down also.

She will definitely be missed. She has always been so kind and helpful.

I remember, a couple of years ago when I first started doing cookies, I would send her a message with question after question. Probably bugged the crap out of her because of all the questions I had! However, she always was kind enough to give me advice and helped me. And I have always enjoyed looking at her creations!

Suzycakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 25

I know the feeling -- I lost several photos and saved topics too! Please let her know that we do miss her and that we really, really want her back!

SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #10 of 25

I sent her the link in an email she might pop in and make a reply. I also bugged and still bug her to death about questions, in fact that is how we became friends. She up there in OH and me in AL... imagine that! We had many commonalities so it just clicked, in fact she and her family were driving through AL to FL last year for a marathon run and she stopped in to meet me (which was planned), funny thing is I was in the hospital having just birthed my son... she got to meet us all!!!!! She is a wonderful lady and her talent is unbelievable... but her friendship is even better icon_smile.gif I will let her know the nice things you have all said, I know she appreciates it!

aswartzw Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 25

I saw a thread just this week about her working on a patent? Maybe this is why? She was kind enough to drop in and fill everyone in regarding her patent. Pretty cool stuff!

fiddlesticks Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:06pm
post #12 of 25

Im also a CAMBO /Cammie fan, Love her work and willingness to share ! She always replys to my emails etc ! Her work and creativity is 2nd to none ! I believe she left for personal and other reasons ! Dont want to speak for her. but thats what I thought from her emails ! She does pop in now and then ! I wish she would come back !!!Cammie if you read this, we miss you !

diane Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:33pm
post #13 of 25

how sad icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
i hope she knows that she's appreciated?! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

CarolAnn Posted 25 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #14 of 25

aswartzw, can you link us to that thread? I'd like to read what she's working on.

kneadacookie Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #15 of 25
Mamas Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:48am
post #16 of 25

I remember seeing a thread a while back that questioned her ability to patent cupcake bouquets. People seemed to allude to the fact that cupcake bouquets had been around prior to her "inventing" them and they were speculated on her ability to patent something that already existed independent of her discovering it. I am not sure if she was really trying to patent the idea of cupcake bouquets or something else and I didn't follow the thread but I now wonder if it got nasty or something. I loved her! She was the first person I was moved to contact. I loved her work and she was sooooo patient and kind.

This thread is starting to read like we are a bunch of people sitting around after a wake. I hope she is still around. Sucks about her stuff being taken down.

COME BACK CAAAAMBO!

milissasmom Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:22am
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

I remember seeing a thread a while back that questioned her ability to patent cupcake bouquets. People seemed to allude to the fact that cupcake bouquets had been around prior to her "inventing" them and they were speculated on her ability to patent something that already existed independent of her discovering it. I am not sure if she was really trying to patent the idea of cupcake bouquets or something else and I didn't follow the thread but I now wonder if it got nasty or something. I loved her! She was the first person I was moved to contact. I loved her work and she was sooooo patient and kind.

Wow...this would really suck if it's what happened! How in the heck can someone dispute something you KNOW you invented?? Not saying that someone else hadn't done it in some way in their kitchen before you and you didn't know it. I mean if she has a patent pending, what is wrong with that? I hate petty people. Some people just dont know how/when to shut up before they take it too far. I really hope this foolishness had nothing to do with her removing her beautiful work from CC! That would be horrible. She seems to be a very nice and helpful person. Oh well, hopefully she moved on to bigger and better things....

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #18 of 25

It wasent the cupcake bouguet idea itself she was wanting to patent( as I understand it ) It was the packaging and/or maybe a holder for keeping the cupcakes on/in the pot ? Thats what I understood anyway from a reply on one of the posts from cambo that I read !Sorry If this is wrong .

Mamas Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

It wasent the cupcake bouguet idea itself she was wanting to patent( as I understand it ) It was the packaging and/or maybe a holder for keeping the cupcakes on/in the pot ? Thats what I understood anyway from a reply on one of the posts from cambo that I read !Sorry If this is wrong .

In the begging of the thread (thats all I read) they thought she was trying to copyright the idea and as I remember the speculation was boardering on acusatory. Good to know it was cleared up. So hopefully that wasn't it . . .

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 3:55pm
post #20 of 25

Yes I had also seen that post/thread your talking about But Im pretty sure thats not the case !

cambo Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #21 of 25

Here I am you guys.... icon_biggrin.gif Ya'll are SO nice to write such wonderful things about me! I still lurk around every once in a while, but not near as often as before!

I thought I would take a minute to fill you in! My business is doing great and I have sought a patent for a "system" I invented for my cc bouquets that will allow me to ship them one day....hopefully! I was just informed my patent is moving to phase two....but it's a long process!

I removed the tutorial (with mixed emotions cuz I luv you guys), because my attorney thought it was necessary. Although the sytem I created is not very similar to the old technique of assembling them, it was still linking "cupcake bouquets" to my business name which is in turn linked to my patent. They said it was just a good idea to remove it from a public forum.

Now, I must say...."I did not invent cupcake bouquets" and am not trying to pass it off as my invention! They have been around for years and years, done all sorts of ways! I just found great success with them and due to the emails and calls I began receiving for orders, I've been focusing on a way to fill the demand!

I encourage all of you to continue to make them....as I love seeing them! I still check in from time-to-time and look at my PMs....so feel free to PM me sometime!

Thank you again, for all your support!
Luv Ya! Cammie

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #22 of 25

Thanks Cam.Nice to see you on CC! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone! And Yes we do miss your wonderful talent and creations ! I have to say that Atlas /map cake I saw was fantastic!!

Suzycakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:26pm
post #23 of 25

Thanks Cammie and best of luck!! Keep us informed on the patent process as it proceeds!

Suze

melodyscakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #24 of 25

just wanted to say hello!
and good luck!

melody

Mamas Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:08am
post #25 of 25

HEY grl! good to know things are going well for you.

Can't wait to be able to buy the cupcake bouquet frame thingy! YOU have to let us know when it is available!

Best of luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%