How Do I Keep My Baking Pans Shining?

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 23 May 2008 , 1:44am by alanahodgson

topaz176 Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:06am
post #1 of 9

what do you use to clean your pans with to keep them looking like new ?

8 replies
MessiET Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:51am
post #2 of 9

Hand wash them... when you put them in the dishwasher some will discolor.

leah_s Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 9

My pans haven't look like new in years. Am I supposed to keep them looking like new?

diane Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 9

i think worn pans are a a good's the sign of a "true baking professional" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

alanahodgson Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 9

My magic line pans have started developing a grey residue that is difficult to remove. I find that it transfers to the cakes. Anyone have any idea on how to remove this and keep it from coming back? Its only the rounds. The squares and sheets pans are still shiny.

SweetResults Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 9

Did you see the episode of Ace of Cakes where Jeff and Mary Alice were standing in front of the racks of cake pans? They look stained and yellowed just like mine. I like to think of them as "Seasoned"! LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Definitely don't put them in the dishwasher - Alana maybe that is what happened to yours? Did you try something like an SOS pad? Steel wool?

alanahodgson Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 9

Yes, I put them in the dishwasher. I'll have to get some steel wool. That will probably work. Thanks!

indydebi Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:00am
post #8 of 9

A product called "Cameo" or "Bar Keepers Friend" is designed to clean stainless steel. I've actually used these on "brown" baking sheets and brought them back to store-new-shiny. (But be sure to wear those yellow gloves! RUINS your nails!).

alanahodgson Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:44am
post #9 of 9

OH! Yeah! In the yellow can, right? I'll look for it! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%