18 Year Old Client Wants Yellow Cake...what Exactly Is That?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 23 May 2008 , 3:37am by leily

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:55pm
post #31 of 36

I agree with the others ----- buy DH classic yellow cake mix and be done with it. When I make a cake for my brother, that's what it has to be -- his favorite, especially with chocolate icing. Most of my clients ask for vanilla (french vanilla), yellow or chocolate, with the very occasional request for strawberry.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:56pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

The butter yellow cake in the WBH is yummy yummy!!

I concur! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:14pm
post #33 of 36

I use doctored mixes and I will say that a yellow cake mix and a butter cake mix are different. In the butter it usually calls for a stick of butter or something like that... that particular cake has a different texture IMO, and in my experience sticks as compared to a regular yellow mix. I hope that helps you out... I rarely get an order request for it either, but I do get some, in fact I got an order for one today... so hopefully we will get this all figured out soon icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #34 of 36

I bake from scratch except for WASC. Yellow cake is like the recipe that was posted on the first page of this forum, or like the WBH buttercake (which is more like yellow cake). The recipe's I have for buttercake call for more butter, more eggs and AP flour. It is heavier than regular yellow cake, and more moist because of the high butter content .

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:26pm
post #35 of 36

I agree with those who say she grew up on boxed yellow cake mix and that's what she's talking about. I think she has no idea what "butter cake" vs "Yellow cake" is/are (and I think those are two different things).

Make your best cake and slap some yellow food coloring in it and be done with it. She's obviously not a cake connoiseur (sp?)

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I agree with those who say she grew up on boxed yellow cake mix and that's what she's talking about. I think she has no idea what "butter cake" vs "Yellow cake" is/are (and I think those are two different things).

I agree with everyone that says she is probably talking about the box yellow cake.

And I also agree with the statement above that Butter and Yellow cake are two different things. Yellow is my favorite (no icing please, just warm out of the oven) and I can tell the difference between a butter and a yellow.... and a yellow cake is not just a white cake colored yellow or with the egg yolks added... it is different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%