Buttercream With Some Liquid Creamer...

Decorating By ziggytarheel Updated 21 May 2008 , 6:18pm by pjaycakes

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 2

I'm glad there are many patient people on this website. As soon as I think I understand something completely, I come up with something that makes me question myself.

Okay, I have made buttercream 2 weeks or more in advance and kept it in the fridge with no ill effects. I've kept all butter buttercream for a week, butter and Crisco buttercream for more than 2 weeks. I'm not an all Crisco girl.

I need to make (for me) a rather large, important cake for 2 and a half weeks from now. Today I made and froze one some of the cake, but I was short some eggs, so I'll make the rest later this week. There is a possibility that I will be called out of town on short notice...sometime. So I really want to do as much as possible for this cake as soon as possible.

So that brings me back to the icing. I am planning on putting a bit of liquid coffee creamer in the icing (not as much as I would probably like, just to try to keep it as close to white as possible). Will this interfere with how long the icing will be good if I keep it in the fridge? I'm planning on doing a half butter, half Crisco icing. I think I would really like to make the icing today, if I have time.

I know my bottle of creamer says it is good for several more months, but I didn't know if it would degrade over 2 and a half weeks in icing kept in the fridge.

I appreciate your patience and your help!

1 reply
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 2

Actually I would freeze the icing and then the day before you are ready to decorate it you can just let it thaw on the counter. I would be more concerned about the butter than the coffee creamer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%