Lastnights's Results Of American Idol Finale...

Lounge By fondantgrl Updated 27 May 2008 , 2:35am by lisad1

fondantgrl Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 16

Not sure how true this is:

http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

if it is true, I'm doing the happy dance. icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
manahigh Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 16

Don't know if its true but I certainly hope so. David Cook is much more talented and versitile as a performer. I have already decided that if he loses I will not be watching AI next year.

fondantgrl Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 16

You know if DC lost, he will end up like CHris Daughtry w/ all his records sales, grammy awards and popularity and the other David will end up like Taylor Hicks.. Taylor who ? I just look at it that way.. icon_smile.gif

awolf24 Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 16

I agree with fondantgrl - I like David Cook better but I think he might be more of a success if he actually isn't named the winner of AI.

I think David A. might actually do better if he is the winner than if he doesn't win, because he would be held to the AI contract and his crazy stage-dad wouldn't have as much input.

So I think if DA wins, it is actually a "win-win" for both! icon_smile.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

I agree with fondantgrl - I like David Cook better but I think he might be more of a success if he actually isn't named the winner of AI.

I think David A. might actually do better if he is the winner than if he doesn't win, because he would be held to the AI contract and his crazy stage-dad wouldn't have as much input.

So I think if DA wins, it is actually a "win-win" for both! icon_smile.gif

I agree with this... plus, the winner is obligated to thank AI producers for every award they get for like 2 years after they win. A lot of what they do is still controlled by them, bc they are on their record label. If DC doesnt win, he will have a lot more control over his album, which will definately be released whether he wins or not. I think that I'd prefer DA to win, just because he's more pop, which is what the show seems to be looking for. Then DC can do whatever he wants to with his career! icon_smile.gif

fmcmulle Posted 21 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 16

As much as I love David Cook I tend to agree with the whole contract thing. As cute as the other David is to all the younger crowd his songs are just so much the same and I (just in my opinion) get tired of listening to him. I think david Cook is alot better and if he doesn't win he will be picked up by another label really quick. thumbs_up.gif

lisad1 Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:00am
post #7 of 16

Looks like your source was good, fondantgrl !! I was kind of in agreement with everyone else, I thought that David Cook has broader appeal, but would have done better not winning idol...and that David Archeletta should have won. However, seeing Cook's reaction last night, I'm really glad he won! It was also nice to see what a good sport David A. was!! Really either could have won and you'd have been happy for them! icon_lol.gif

awolf24 Posted 22 May 2008 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 16

Well said lisad1! Both David's seem just so genuinely sincere and appreciative of their opportunity on the show, it didn't really matter to me who won. They'll both be successful. I think D. Cook was genuinely surprised he won - and he won by a HUGE margin (12 million votes!).

butternut Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:45pm
post #9 of 16

David A. had my heart and I would have loved to see him win, however, I do think that David C was the better choice. When each would sing, I closed my eyes so that I would only focus on the voices and I have to say, as much as I like David A, I would have had to go with David C. They are both wonderful though.

TheDomesticDiva Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #10 of 16

One of my favorite things about Cook was definately that he could carry a rock song, but he had a BRILLIANT voice also. Phantom of the Opera song was AMAZING.

fondantgrl Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #11 of 16

Doing the happy dance right now....

Congratulations to the Rocker / American Idol... DAVID COOK. icon_lol.gif

diane Posted 22 May 2008 , 6:43pm
post #12 of 16

i like both of them, but i'm shocked that davia c. won. he did not do as well as david a. did...but, both of them will be getting record contracts and i think it'll be up to the ones buying the music.

Ironbaker Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:15pm
post #13 of 16

Very glad to see David C win but I agree with the others as well about him being better off NOT being the winner. And I'm glad Simon apologized because David was not as bad on Tuesday as he made him out to be.

My favorite parts were the George Michael songs (love him) and the footage of Gladys Knight and the "Pips". icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif All 3 were cracking me up.

lanibird Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

My favorite parts were the George Michael songs (love him) and the footage of Gladys Knight and the "Pips". icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif All 3 were cracking me up.

The "Pips" were cracking me up too. Jack Black just cracks me up!

I'm glad DC won. Anyone that can get me to like a Mariah Carey song (I am so NOT a fan) deserves to win something! icon_lol.gif

CharmingConfections Posted 25 May 2008 , 8:05pm
post #15 of 16

I am so happy David C won... for once the person I thought should win did! and I got to laugh at my annoying friend who was taunting me insisting that David A would win by a landslide! icon_smile.gif

lisad1 Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:35am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

I love George myself, but did anyone else think he looked sick..and his singing was off that night? I don't think it is just a matter of aging...It kind of broke my heart!!!

The comics were actually a nice filler for a change!! Jack Black was kind of funny when he was talking to the 2 David's... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%