Really Mayo In The Cake??? Is This Right??

Decorating By marion123 Updated 4 Jul 2013 , 7:15pm by linnod

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 16

I was wondering how many you of you have put mayo in your cake batter to make it most?? does it really taste that good?

Thanks

15 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 16

I don't believe that you even taste the mayo once it gets baked...all thats left is the moisty-goodness!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 16

I have a recipe that actually calls for mayo. When I first made the cake I was worried that it wouldn't taste all that great because of the mayo but there's really no taste at all. I believe it just adds moistness and believe me it's moist. icon_wink.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 16

. . . I have fond memories of "THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER" . . . from when I was a child (and I'm talking about a LOOOOONNNNG time ago) . . . I don't even like chocolate cake and this was fabulous, moist to be sure . . . maybe you would share your recipe, as I don't have this one and would be interested to see what I thought was SOOOO good . . . thumbs_up.gif

marion123 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 16

Great... I'm going to do it then after hearing back from you guys..I'm making a sheet cake that norally takes 3 cake mixes, so since I'm adding Mayo to the mix, I need to triple the amount that the recipe calls for correct?

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 16

Yes... so if it calls for 1/2 cup Mayo...if you triple the recipe, you'll be adding 1 1/2 cups of Mayo

marion123 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 16

dragonflydreams, I got the receipe from the Cake Dr Book... I'll be more than happy to scan it to you or fax it to you.. I just have to make a copy of it from the book... Just let me know your email or fax #...

Thanks again guys,,,I'll let you know how it turns out..

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 16

the basic ingredients of mayo are oil and egg yolks. Its just an emulsion... when you think of it that way its really not so strange to be putting it into a cake.

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 16

Growing up thats all I knew about Chocolate cake was that we put mayonnaise in it no eggs because basically the mayonnaise has the eggs in it. It always produces a very moist cake, a little denser than reg. and we always toped it off with chocolate frosting made with cold coffee. A terrific combination!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 16

I have made chocolate mayo-cakes before. Moist and DEEEEE-LISH!!! Try it! I think you'll love it! icon_smile.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #11 of 16

I made it once, and I'll keep doing it! The cake was sooo moist! My DH even said it was really good, and he don't really like cake.

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:00pm
post #12 of 16

can someone please point me in the direction of the recipe

marion123 Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:08pm
post #13 of 16

If you want to PM me with your email address, I'll email you the copy of the receipe from the book... I have all set and ready to be scanned.. I just have to finsih one quick project for work and I'll email it to you ..
Geez... I can't belive my boss wants me to do some work!!! Can't he tell I want to be on CC all day!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:13pm
post #14 of 16

My recipe is a scratch recipe. I can't remember the ingredients but if you'd like that one to I'd me more than happy to send it to. Just PM me. I won't be able to have it for you today as I am at work....but I when I get home tonight I can have it for you. Just let me know. icon_wink.gif

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 21 May 2008 , 11:28pm
post #15 of 16

here's the one I had growing up

2c. flour sifted
1c. sugar 2 teas. baking soda, 1/2 c. cocoa, 1/4 teas. salt

Combine & sift together
Add
1c mayonnaise, 1c. cold water, 1 teas. vanilla
Blend well. bake at 350 for around 30 min.

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 7:15pm
post #16 of 16

Can you share recipe. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%