Tipsy Wedding Cake Topper!

Decorating By Anna31 Updated 21 May 2008 , 7:10pm by Anna31

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 14

The Bride just dropped off her wedding cake topper and I'm confused. It's just a square piece of acrylic with their names engraved on it. It isn't very wide and I'm afraid that it won't just sit up there with out falling off. I don't want it taking a tumble and messing up the cake I have worked so hard on!!!!!!!! Any suggestions? She wasn't planning on putting any flowers or anything else on top but this topper she gave me. HELP!? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Anna

13 replies
Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 14

Any more description of the size and shape???

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 14

Sorry! It's 4"X4" square and 1/2" thick. It's going on a 6" square top tier. I suggested some flowers so it would have something to lean against but she is having Calla lilies and didn't think the flower shop had any more and couldn't think of anything they would have that would mesh well. It has NO base at all. She just thought I could stick it down into the cake but I think that would look bad! I'm confused. icon_redface.gif

Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 14

Would it be possible to make a little stand for it out of gumpaste?? then you could either hot glue it in or just let it sit in there....

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 14

I guess so. I've never worked with Gumpaste but have the stuff to make it. I'm hoping the Bride will get back to me SOON. If I did go that route, how long would it take for it to dry? If only the Bride had used her head. I guess most people that are not Cakers just don't think about stuff like that. I did not need any more stress this week! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Anna

Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 14

Oh, I'm sorry!!!! It usually takes about a few days, but since this would be rather thick, I'd let it dry for about 4-5 days....

Maybe someone else will come along with a different idea, but this is all I can think of!!

ANGELA0520 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 14

What about setting it on the table in front of the cake? I have done that with cake toppers before.

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 14

I'm wondering if she would be O.K. with my setting it on the second tier so it could lean against the top tier? Or the bottom tier even. She wants this cake to be SO plain, she didn't want any flowers or even borders at all. Just ribbon. I'm so stressing about clean and straight edges. Plus it's going to be hot! icon_cry.gif I am relatively new to the wedding cake thing so it still stresses me out! icon_redface.gif I've got to get a grip! icon_rolleyes.gif

Anna

Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 14

You'll do great. Don't get nervous about it...getting nervous makes us jittery and things get messed up..

tiggy2 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 14

I would simply tell her it won't stand up in thin air and you can't push it into the cake because it isn't food safe. Then leave it up to her what she wants to do with it.

Sarsi Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #11 of 14

Yeah! You tell her tiggy2!! icon_biggrin.gif hahaha.

You might just want to do that, Anna31... I think that's a good idea..

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:34pm
post #12 of 14

I think I am just going to tell her she has to get an easel of some kind. I am not going to set that on a cake that I spent hours getting smooth only to have it topple and leave gouges all down the front of it. I am still waiting to hear back from her. She was supposed to be talking to the Florist today who btw is her Grandma! I would think she could come up with something! If she doesn't agree, I don't know what I'm going to do! I'd love to just tell her the way it is going to be but they have paid me big bucks! I do not want to upset them! icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

Anna

terrylee Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #13 of 14

I read thru this post. Anna31.....I think maybe the easel of some sort sounds good...they have them in acrylic. I have seen them in like Walmart, Target, etc. That would be the cleanest look. Good luck. Post picture.

Anna31 Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:10pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

I read thru this post. Anna31.....I think maybe the easel of some sort sounds good...they have them in acrylic. I have seen them in like Walmart, Target, etc. That would be the cleanest look. Good luck. Post picture.

Thank you! I will tell her that! I am not sure if they will have time to make a Wal-mart run with the wedding this weekend. We live an hour away from any town with a Wal-mart. A drawback to living in a small town. Anyway, I think you are right, the acrylic ones would look best, I'll let her know. icon_smile.gif

Anna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%