Ok, I Cry 'uncle'....

Decorating By JenWhitlock Updated 21 May 2008 , 3:09pm by sweetpea1972

JenWhitlock Posted 21 May 2008 , 11:57am
post #1 of 6

sigh, I'm getting so frustrated with cakes lately.
they never look as good as I want them.
the thing is that everytime that I make a cake I stress out and get really disapointed when it's done. I haven't liked a cake in a really long time.

but when I make cookies I have so much fun.
I think I'm getting close to throwing in the towel and just doing cookies.

sorry, I just needed to vent.
I hated my last cake and now I have to pull it together to do another one today.
thanks for listening.

5 replies
fmcmulle Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about the one with the pretty blue bow on it? That cake it adorable. I do have to say though your cookies are absolutely beautiful. You can do both you know. Offer your cookies as your specialty if you want and do cakes on ocassion. You have so much talent. Good luck.
Faye

FromScratch Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 6

It looks like you do more cookies than cakes (by your photos) so it's no shock that you feel more zen doing cookies. icon_smile.gif Your cakes are cute and your cookies are FAB-U-LOUS. I have no doubt if you concentrate on cakes for a while that you will be FAB-U-LOUS with them too. But if cookies make you happy.. go for it! icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 6

I can relate to the not being happy with every cake. We are sometimes too hard on ourselves. Your cakes are beautiful, by the way. But if the cakes are stressing you out and you are not enjoying them, then stick to your cookies.

Life is too short to stress over anything and everyone has talents in different areas. Your talent may lie with your cookies. It seems your enjoyment does.

sweetiemama Posted 21 May 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

I hear you on this one Jen! I finally broke down and did my first royal icing cookies a couple weeks ago and was much more pleased with them than I am my cakes. There are soooo many details with the cake to get right that every one seems to have something go wrong. I do keep trying though....I have had lots of people that it takes practice, practice, practice!

sweetpea1972 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 6

I just went to your gallery....WOW! Your cookies are incredible, the details you put into them...they're just perfect! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Your cakes are adorable, but you definitely have a gift with the cookies!
Just put a bunch in my favs icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%