Fbct Help/idea?

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 21 May 2008 , 2:54pm by Amia

JaneDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneDee Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:28am
post #1 of 4

Sorry if this gets lengthy but I am stuck!

I am making a 12x18 sheet cake but I have to make part of it look like a Tombstone pizza. She wants it to look like the picture of the wrapped frozen pizza. (As the picture shows) I have the paper out of a pizza that I originally used piping gel that hardened and pressed it into the icing so I could trace over it but I had a heck of a time trying to figure out which tips to use to icing certain parts, mostly the picture of the pizza slice.

I starting thinking about doing a FBCT but since I am new to this I thought there might be a better way to go about doing this. I know I can't do the edible transfer paper thing but does anyone have any ideas on what method would be the best? I showed her the gel transfer and she said it was okay, all I did was put it on the middle of the sheet (practice) cake and I will just write around it the lettering but is a FCBT the best way to go? I thought about making it with the star tip as you would for a character cake but I don't think I'll like the way it looks compared to the picture.

Any ideas?? This cake is due Saturday but I plan to take Friday to do all the decorating and I've been trying all week to figure out a way to do this and I am losing hope that I'll be able to make it look like the picture.

Please help if you can! Thank you soo much!!
I really appreciate it!!!
LL

3 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:53am
post #2 of 4

Hmm... I know you said an edible image isn't an option, but I'm kind of curious as to why? If it's because you don't have your own printer, most grocery bakeries will print an edible image for you, for a fee. Maybe you could call and see? icon_confused.gif

I really haven't been much help! I'm sorry! thumbsdown.gif

JaneDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneDee Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:03am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I don't have a printer but I didn't know they would do that. You did help!

I also thought that I wanted a little dimention to it because of the slice that is being lifted up on the picture and I just thought that would look too flat but I will check that out. Thank you!

If anyone knows any other ideas that might work too they will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again amia icon_smile.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 4

Yay, I helped! icon_lol.gif I wish I could help you out with the FBCT, but I've never done one...yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%