Chocolate Ganache Sauce

Decorating By flowers40 Updated 21 May 2008 , 4:42am by cocobean

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:12am
post #1 of 4

I have a friend who has a wedding cake to do and needs a recipe for a chocolate sauce that drapes down the sides of the cake. She says she tried melted chocolate, but found it to harden to quickly before she got the desired effect. She wants something that pours easily and drapes, but stays where she wants it. And still looks glossy after it dries. Any suggestions or recipes. Thanks for any help

3 replies
mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

My ganache

In a med bowl, I place 12 oz of semi sweet choc chips. In a med sauce pan add 10 oz of heavy cream. Bring to a scald, and then pour over the choc chips. Add 2 tbl of butter and let sit for 5 minutes or so. Slowly mix together and stir unti it is smooth. Then add 1 tsp of vanilla.

I let it cool down a bit, and then pour over an iced cake, or chill and then whip in a mixer to use as a frosting.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:39am
post #3 of 4

I made a wedding cake with the Sarah Bernhardt Chocolate Glaze from the recipes here. Look it up. It was great!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Also, there was a gal who gave me a link on a tutorial of how to apply it. (Very good tutorial) I'll have to look back and see who it was.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

...o.k. I think the gal who gave me the link was "mencked" I just can't find the link. Maybe you could pm her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%