Favorite Cupcake/muffin Pan?

Decorating By ladybug03 Updated 21 May 2008 , 3:33am by ladybug03

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 21 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #1 of 4

What is your favorite pan for baking cupcakes?

I have a cheap-o grocery store pan that is starting to rust that does an okay job and a nice dark non-stick pan that gets the cakes too done or with too big of "hats". I'm not sold on either one!

I'm considering a stoneware pan and think Pampered Chef sells one but would like feedback from others before I invest.

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 4

its funny that you mentioned the pampered chef stone. I luv PC (i used to sell it), I have been using my stone muffin pan for years. Today I needed to make lots of cupcakes so i used a metal one as well. (my sister in law bought me this Wilton carrying case that came with mini muffin and muffin and a 9x13) I used both the metal and the PC one the Wilton one was great!!!
I am not a fan of the wilton pans but they came out great.

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:20am
post #3 of 4

As unconventional as it may sound, I love my silicone muffin pans (from Ikea). I absolutely hate every other silicone pan I have bought subsequently, as cakes bake very inconsistently in them, but muffins/cupcakes in silicone have been turning out perfect in those same pans for some 4-5 years now⦠The only tip is to butter the silicone, no matter what the directions say!

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:33am
post #4 of 4

shisharka, I'm glad you mentioned the silicone pans. My sister and I were thinking of trying them but were fearful after all the bad reviews they've received on CC and other places. Maybe I'll try the cupcake pan after all. Do you butter them even with a liner?

I'd like to hear more feedback about the stoneware cupcake pans if anyone has experience with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%