Help I'm Stuck On A Power Pole!!

Decorating By tirby Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm by tirby

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:54pm
post #31 of 50

That is one of the coolest cakes I have seen in my life! GREAT Job!! The people that are recieving your cake are gonna be AMAZED!!!

Good Luck Finishing!!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:03am
post #32 of 50

Guess What?!

It's DONE!!!!!!!! I posted the pic... key word power pole lineman
here are a few too
LL
LL
LL

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:34am
post #33 of 50

I have been waiting forever to see these pics!! You did a phenomenol job on this. I know this must have been a daunting task. thumbs_up.gif

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:55am
post #34 of 50

Wow!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif That turned out really, really good!!! Congratulations on a job well done. So what did the people you made the cake for say about the cake? I bet they loved it!!!

cowboy61s_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowboy61s_girl Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:01am
post #35 of 50

your cake is absolutely amazing!!!!!! I love it you did such a great job.

asmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asmith Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #36 of 50

Great job!!

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:09am
post #37 of 50

NO WAY!! What an amazing job! That must have taken forever! What detail!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:25am
post #38 of 50

O M G this cake is just AMAZING sooooooo AWESOME! FABULOUS job are there any adjectives I forgot?

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:04am
post #39 of 50

All I can think is WOW!!! That is freaking awesome!!!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:19am
post #40 of 50

ok as i scrolled through the pics of your cake i said holy crap, outloud, uh yeah its awesome! Great job, oh and bad Doug for changing your avatar as i read through your tutorial i rushed to see who did it b/c i didnt recognize the avatar, but it was you of course.

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:39am
post #41 of 50

YES!! It turned out fanTABulous! =) I LOVE IT!! I fear that I won't ever be as good as you! It seems like you just whipped this out so quickly! I am in awe, and that only happens every so often. You rock & I am now your fan, ha ha!! I'm so excited for you! I think you might make a grown man (or men) cry! Seriously! I need to know their reactions. I bet someone drops to the floor. What a trophy cake you have there! You took great pics of it too. YAY!!! I want to see what you do next too. =)

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:39am
post #42 of 50

You did a great job!! The figures, accessories and truck look great!

I have no idea what to suggest to charge for this. But I agree with you -- the lessons you learned and the talent from God that shows through your pieces are worth more than cash. What an experience -- you should be so proud.

Oh yeah - and Doug is the greatest! I've got to get one posted that he helped me with last month!

Suze

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:48am
post #43 of 50

Tirby - you had asked us to post how much we would have charged (I just now read that party, sorry!).. I haven't worked with figurines (is that choco pan or chocolate candy clay as Doug suggested?) - I'm not there yet & don't know how much it it costs.... however my "3D" cakes are $3.50/slice. This is a little difficult because I would have charged my sheet cake fee for the grass & road & then $3.50/slice for the truck/men/poles... but those items are not enough slices for how much they cost & the time they took probably.............. so, I would probably just charge either $3.00 or $3.50/slice for the entire thing. Maybe I'm wrong, I know they say to triple your expenses, but by-the-slice seems to work best for me & I can quickly give customers quotes, etc....... I have a feeling I would have charged around $115+ for this cake. It's your first one though & it's hard to charge top dollar at first if you're unsure - so don't worry about it, you learned & had fun, and you're definitely going to be asked for business cards when you deliver this one!

nesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesmom Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 7:24am
post #44 of 50

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif AWESOME JOB!! Great Cake! icon_smile.gif

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:23pm
post #45 of 50

OH MY GOD!!! It's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Kudos to Doug for giving you the ideas that sparked this awesome creation. You truly are talented! I can't wait to hear the recepients reactions!

tirby Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCakes

YES!! It turned out fanTABulous! =) I LOVE IT!! I fear that I won't ever be as good as you! It seems like you just whipped this out so quickly! I am in awe, and that only happens every so often. You rock & I am now your fan, ha ha!! I'm so excited for you! I think you might make a grown man (or men) cry! Seriously! I need to know their reactions. I bet someone drops to the floor. What a trophy cake you have there! You took great pics of it too. YAY!!! I want to see what you do next too. =)

EVERYONE thankyou so much I actually feel better now. I (as we all) am my own worst critic. So I see every little flaw. I still have issues with bulging...ARG!!!!!!!

OCakes:
The biggest thing I have learned in life is to stop comparing myself to others.....It's hard I know but you do great work....PM me if you like...If God wanted us to all do the same work we would have all been made the same and how BORING would that be!
I am NOT 100% flawless believe me. I do find ways to hide the issues I have (except the bulge!) but I did get help on a lot of this. My husband helped figure how to attatch the poloes and Doug got the ball rolling.....
So don't even worry. PS I figured the cake to be $110 I was paid $70 and threw in the people for free...as I said the experiance counts as something for me...And all my expences were covered. So I didn't loose out on any $$

Let me know if anyone has questions!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #47 of 50

Tirby this is fantastic, I literally could not believe my eyes. The details you put into this made the cake, the tools were so perfect. You are too hard on yourself because reading through the threads you were so nervous I expected to see an ok cake, I was not prepared to see the masterpiece that you created. My future husband is an electrician and I would love to make a cake like this for him one day.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:33pm
post #48 of 50

Your people look great!! I agree....I can't believe that you've never made people before. You are a natural at them!

I just saw your cake and it turned out AWESOME! You did a great job!!

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:18am
post #49 of 50

Your cake is really awesome!!!!

tirby Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #50 of 50

thanks everyone! I did have a lot of fun and they LOVED IT!! they were like.....whats that made of ....you mean you can eat that!?!?!?

It was cool.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%