Frosting A Bunch Of Cupcakes To Look Like A Cake

Decorating By TSG177 Updated 27 May 2008 , 1:55am by TSG177

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to frost a bunch of cupcakes to look like a cake. I wanted to bring them to my daughter's end of the year party and have a picture on the top as if it was a cake and still have the ease of the cupcake. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks so much!

Sandy icon_smile.gif

5 replies
gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 6
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 6

it's called a cupcake cake. it's really simple to do. icon_wink.gif

TSG177 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the tutorial. It seems quite simple. My only question is, do you use royal icing to secure the cupcakes to the cake board or do you use bc frosting. Thanks for the help.

Sandy

maurerba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maurerba Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 6

I use BC to anchor mine down.
I have also heard that you can place your baking cups into a cake pan. (round or square) and bake them that way. It looks like it would be easier and you would not have the issue of the holes between the cupcakes. This link
http://forum.cakecentral.com/tutorial-wanted---cupcake-cake-ftopicp-5900836.html#5900836
has a picture of the idea. Let us know how it goes!

TSG177 Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:55am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for everyone's help. I will be attempting them in a few weeks. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I can frost them properly. If not, they will become individual cupcakes. The kids will enjoy them either way. I will post a picture once I am done. Thanks again!

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%