Best Choco Cake For Sheet Cake

Baking By fbgirl00 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 8:08pm by fbgirl00

fbgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a favorite chocolate recipe they would like to share for a sheet cake? I need one that has a rich chocolate taste that will bake up nice in an 11X15 sheet pan. I usually doctor a mix but I want to make one that will knock everyone's socks off. It is for a graduation this weekend. I want to try the WBH Chocolate Butter Cake in the recipe section but what are the measurements supposed to be that are listed as question marks? Anyone use this recipe? Thanks.

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:48am
post #2 of 5

The WASC cake has other flavor variations. Here's the expanded flavors recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

Might want to further enhance the flavor by using coffee and cocoa, per wgoat5's variation:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-587744-.html

HTH

fbgirl00 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I am going to use wgoat5's variation. I have been searching a ton of recipes lately and I think it will be the best.

cadysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadysmom Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 5

Here's one choc cake that I will not live without. It's the best one I have ever baked/eaten. Although directions say to do 9", I'm sure you could do sheet instead. 12 servings

INGREDIENTS
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups sour cream
1 1/3 cups boiling water
FROSTING:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
5 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

READ REVIEWS (219)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Mix on low just until combined. Stir in water until blended. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. For frosting, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool several minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Frost cooled cake.

fbgirl00 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, I will have to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%