Renting Space From Deli In Alabama Long Sorry

Business By momof2cutebugs Updated 22 May 2008 , 3:22pm by momof2cutebugs

momof2cutebugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof2cutebugs Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 7

well last night i found out a good friend of mine was buying a local store that has a restaurant deli inside and he told me that i could advertise and use his legal kitchen for anything i need. So, my question is what do i do now do i have to be licensed separately from his kitchen? Have been looking for somewhere for a while SO Excited just need to know where to go from here

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 7

You would still need an inspection and license for your business at that location. I would start with your local health department. good luck!

momof2cutebugs Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 7

just spoke to health dept and they told mt that as long as the deli was licensed that i would not have to be reinspected that they no problem with me selling cakes out of there as long as they are baked there so yeah one step closer

momof2cutebugs Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 7

just spoke to health dept and they told mt that as long as the deli was licensed that i would not have to be reinspected that they no problem with me selling cakes out of there as long as they are baked there so yeah one step closer

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 21 May 2008 , 11:12am
post #5 of 7

I'm in AL and have my shop in a local Deli. I bake out of the Deli kitchen and have a small space of my own to decorate and store my supplies that I rent. I don't know what part of AL you are in but I can tell you in North AL and my county (Morgan) that you have to be inspected, licensed by the city your in, County your in and State your in plus I'm required to carry gen libility insurance for the Deli. My permits and license must be displayed in my work area for all to see. If you are going to be a Deli employee and sell under the Deli name you may not need to do this since they are already inspected and licensed. If you are going to advertise under your own business name you will. You will be responsible for collecting sales tax and paying it every month as well. Also, what ever points are deducted from the kitchen area during inspections, are also deducted from mine since I share the same area. Hope this helps. Pam from Bama

momof2cutebugs Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 7

i am in winston county and i spoke with the local health inspector and he told me that they did not double permit kitchens that i could do it under my name in his kitchen and not be inspected and licensed under a different name I am planning on getting a license for business and pay taxes

momof2cutebugs Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 7

i am in winston county and i spoke with the local health inspector and he told me that they did not double permit kitchens that i could do it under my name in his kitchen and not be inspected and licensed under a different name I am planning on getting a license for business and pay taxes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%