Carrot Cake On Bottom?

Decorating By jkendall Updated 20 May 2008 , 7:25pm by seagoat

jkendall Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 5

Help!!! I've offered to do a baby shower cake for a friend but she really wants a 2 tiered cake with carrot cake on the bottom. Does anyone know if that will hold up? The recipe I have makes a really moist cake. This will only be my 2nd tiered cake so I have no idea how to do supports in the cake....

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 5

My carrot cake recipe is rather moist and heavy and I think it would do well on the bottom rather then the top.......or is my thinking backwards? Because carrot cakes are usually not flimsy cakes, whereas my chocolate is a bit more light.

Tootall Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 5

I did a test carrot cake last weekend. Mine cracked and split all over icon_redface.gif I don't know if it was the cream cheese icing I used or what... But I'm scared to do it now! Maybe BC would be better on the outside and cream cheese on the inside? I also didn't make a dam before I filled it. Maybe this was the reason? Because the cake didn't SEEM too moist or light. In fact, it was heavy, as far as cakes go!

gottabakenow Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 5

maybe if she wants more servings of the carrot cake than the other flavor, you could make the top tier carrot and make some cupcakes for the rest of the servings? that way she gets what she wants but the cake doesn't collapse. icon_smile.gif just an idea.

seagoat Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 5

My carrot cake recipe is also moist and dense. I have used it in a 3 tiered cake, all carrot cake. I think you have to watch out for the frosting if you are is a warmer environment.

I use a very basic carrot cake recipe that I got off of baking 911

Good Luck!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%