Need A Stable Peanut Butter Filling Recipe...

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 20 May 2008 , 8:38pm by Zahrah

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone have a good recipe for peanut butter filling that can stand a 3-hour drive in a car? It's for a mad hatter cake that the customer is picking up and taking home, 3 hours away, and I can't do PB mousse...which is what they wanted...

any tips on some other way to do PB filling?

11 replies
chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 12

Do you have access to Frosti Pride? If so, add some PB to that when it's just about all whipped up. I made some a week go and it tasted pretty good and FP is a non dairy product so you won't have to worry .

~Tiffany

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 12

Well you can do a pudding powder mousse with PB added, but I don't know about a 3 hour drive. Perhaps it could go into the freezer for just 1 hour before they go? You can also mix PB with SMBC/IMBC for a really really good filling that should be pretty stable.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 12

Remember you can always add nonn flavored gelatin to make your filling more stable....1-2 tablespoons for a whole carton of whipping cream

Chef_Stef Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 12

I was thinking more along the lines of a PB buttercream...Can I just add PB to a standard BC (not IMBC) with the butter?

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 12

I make a peanut butter buttercream that everybody seems to love. Just replace the butter for peanut butter in the Buttercream Dream recipe. You may need to add more milk to get it nice and creamy. I always get requests for this icing. icon_biggrin.gif

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 12

There is a recipe on this site by shirley w called peanut butter cup filling. I have used it and it is absolutely delicious!!!! I dont see any reason why it would need refrigeration but you might want to pm her just to be sure. Hope this helps, here is the link

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2314-Peanut-Butter-Cup-Filling.htm

stephl

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 12

3/4 c. Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1-1 1/2 c. Confectioner's Sugar
1/4 c. Butter (room temp) (I had salted on hand, thus the need for more than 1 cup sugar)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Tbls Soy Creamer (Use half&half or heavy cream if you wish)

Directions
Combine butter, peanut butter and vanilla. I used a whisk, if you have a mixer, use it!.
Add sugar about a 1/4 cup at a time, only so you can taste test for your desired sweetness.
Once well blended, add your creamer until the frosting reaches a nice fluffy smooth, not too gloppy consistency.

Here is a recipe for buttercream

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2-4 Tbsp. milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
PREPARATION:
In large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp. milk. Mix well, adding more milk as needed to make a fluffy spreadable frosting. Frosts 8" layer cake or sides of 9" layer cake

dttcb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dttcb Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 12

I just add creamy PB to my buttercream and it is always a big hit!!!

(and it's easy to do! Not another recipe to make!)

HTH!!! Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gif

Debbie

Chef_Stef Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:53pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks to everyone! You guys rock! icon_biggrin.gif

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 12

Mmm, now I'm totally going to go home and make some PB BC. Or at the very least, eat some peanut butter! icon_lol.gif

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 20 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #12 of 12

I'm a fan of creaming pb and folding in the ready made philadelphia brand cheese cake in a tub. Quick and stable, but super yummy too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%