Help! My Aunt Cant Make My Wedding Cake And No Money Left

Decorating By shandidandi Updated 22 May 2008 , 2:52pm by CarolAnn

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #61 of 76

Julzs, I give you much credit for coming back to apologize. I do understand what you're trying to say, I think many just feel this OP is really in need of some help.

And I do remember the dress situation you're speaking of. I agree that that particular situation seemed to be a scam which was a shame.

Deetmar, please tell us the brat is all packed up.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:02am
post #62 of 76

first of all.. Ironbaker Lennys Da BOMB baby LOL icon_smile.gif

anywho Julz your great for coming back icon_smile.gif

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #63 of 76

hi shandidandi, I also like the idea of going to your nearby Micheals and Hobby Lobby and asking if someone would do it for you just to get experienced, here at my hobby lobby, our instructor is just great she will help you in every way possible, I wish you the best and I hope you have a wonderful wedding, also do you belong to some sort of church or group that would be willing to pitch in for a cake, I know my church would not doubt for a second on giving me or a member a nice offering to cover the cake, just thinking out loud icon_rolleyes.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #64 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

first of all.. Ironbaker Lennys Da BOMB baby LOL icon_smile.gif

anywho Julz your great for coming back icon_smile.gif

Don't I know it!

cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #65 of 76

My cousin was in a similar situation,& she made cc for her wedding and set them up herself and made a small cake on the side for her & her groom to cut.

Here's a pic...Just to give you an idea.
LL

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:21am
post #66 of 76

See I think there is nothing prettier then a small 6 or 7 inch cake in white with the color of the wedding party in flowers on the top.. just very clean and classic looking.. if I was you I would go the cupcake route...with the small cake on top icon_smile.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:40am
post #67 of 76

i think you can get a nice result with buttercream and the diamond impression mat, and the wholesale sugar flowers come in wedding cake kits....for around 25 bucks

all i'd like to add if you got some clear gold pixie dust to put over the whole outfit it will make it very pretty, and the glitter will help hide any flaws....4.50 from european cake gallery...the one from crowley texas.

if you were near i'd help you.

I MISS LENNY'S DREADLOCKS.

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:59am
post #68 of 76

Shandidandi,
New idea...since the main scope was you were out of $ and Aunt could not make cake. You will have to spend some $, but to minimize it...go to Walmart or Sam's Club, order 3 separate sized tiers, no decorations except borders of your choice. Do Not state they are for wedding. You can also buy really pretty gumpaste spray flowers from Sam's Club now, and order in colors of your choice, cheap! For your wedding table display, borrow a beautiful table covering, or buy a cheap remnant that is a lovely color. Place various heights of heavy boxes under cloths, and place cakes on top of boxes. Place sprays on top of cakes, and decorate the rest of your table with pictures, candles, flutes, etc. Very low stress for you on your wedding day, someone else can even set it up for you. Then, you can enjoy the day. Might not be what you originally wanted, but will look nice and everyone will have cake. Good Luck on your wedding day.

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:04am
post #69 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycakes2

Shandidandi,
New idea...since the main scope was you were out of $ and Aunt could not make cake. You will have to spend some $, but to minimize it...go to Walmart or Sam's Club, order 3 separate sized tiers, no decorations except borders of your choice. Do Not state they are for wedding. You can also buy really pretty gumpaste spray flowers from Sam's Club now, and order in colors of your choice, cheap! For your wedding table display, borrow a beautiful table covering, or buy a cheap remnant that is a lovely color. Place various heights of heavy boxes under cloths, and place cakes on top of boxes. Place sprays on top of cakes, and decorate the rest of your table with pictures, candles, flutes, etc. Very low stress for you on your wedding day, someone else can even set it up for you. Then, you can enjoy the day. Might not be what you originally wanted, but will look nice and everyone will have cake. Good Luck on your wedding day.

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:06am
post #70 of 76

Wow I too feel bad for you, and if you were closer to PA I would help you in a MINUTE!!! I love to help people out REGARDLESS and feel what comes around goes around...as for the CCer julzs maybe someone peed in her cheerios that morning YIKES!!! icon_eek.gif But at least she apologized.... I would agree go with the buttercream, fondant is $$$ and not easy to work with, especially on square cakes..as for the gumpaste flowers buy them, make your life simplier. Cakedeco.com has tons, and so does ebay cheap.Good luck, and congrats on your wedding. My motto, everything happens for a reason, and things always have a way of working out!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:14am
post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Deetmar, good etiquette dictates that when the woman breaks off the engagement, she is obligated to return the ring. I'd tackle her, smear some buttercream on her finger and yank it off!

And, BTW, if she doesn't want to marry your son, as hurt as he is now he'll thank her some day. Remember, the best revenge is happiness!! Give him a big hug for me.

LMBO!!!

shandidandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shandidandi Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:59pm
post #72 of 76

Once again I would like to thank you guys for youe generosity and all the great ideas, I am looking into some of them. My mom and I thought about going to walmart and trying that idea. Julzs I am like you, I know that there are a lot of scamers,but I was just looking for tips and ideas to help me figure out which way would be better for me to go.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetmar

I guess I would put it on a charge card and pay it off with wedding money that you get, that is if you don't want to do the dummy and cupcakes. If I was in the area I would help you out.

You may want to check with your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Maybe a student would like to do it for the experience or to get their name out there. You may strike a deal for cost.

It's hard talking to cake people about stuff like this. It would be like telling a photographer to have the guests take the pictures at their weddings.

I am a bad one to comment on anything today. My son's fiance just told him that she doesn't want to marry him, and she lives in my house. So if you were closer I would make your wedding cake, the one I was going to make for her. I would take lots of pictures and send them to her and say, see that's what you get!

And while I am at it, the reception was going to be at my house, and I was catering all the food, and paying for the honeymoon. Anybody have a nice daughter that wants to marry a nice boy who would be really good to her? And BTW, Mom can make the wedding cake.

awww that is too bad. But better she say something now then get married when she doesnt want to. That will make your DS miserable.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:29pm
post #74 of 76

what a great read this morning. I hope everything will work out for you shandidandi... I know it will. I think you and your mom will be able to come up with some great ideas, and if you feel like you can't than there are people on here happy to help. Good Luck to you and I hope your wedding day is one you will remember with pride and joy!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:39pm
post #75 of 76

Julz - thanks for the clarification, it is too bad that there are scammers out there who make it harder for those that are legit.

Edited to add that you really don't owe an explanation to me specifically, I don't want to sound all high and mighty icon_razz.gif I guess I was just glad to see you weren't just a miserable person LOL! Did that come out right? Probably not. Maybe I should just stop typing now? Um, ya.... I think I should...you know... stop typing.... NOW. icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:52pm
post #76 of 76

I'd go with a small cake with flowers for bride and groom to cut and cupcakes for the guests. You can get so many looks with cupcakes, and they can be relatively inexpensive to make. I just made a mess of them for an American Cancer Society bake sale using the large (not jumbo) cups. They make a generous size cupcake and man it's easy to pipe on a pretty icing and plop on a pretty flower or sprinkles etc.

It may not end up to be what you always dreamed of but I say minimize your stress and those cuppies will look more beautiful on the table and in your memories than if you knock yourself out trying to do something fancier in a pinch.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%