How Do I Use These Lace Molds??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 21 May 2008 , 10:34pm by Cakebelle

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 May 2008 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 6

I have 2 types of lace molds.One is the styrofoam molds I bought from Caljava and has a matching metal cutter to cut the fondant the right size...The other is a hard clay mold that is indented that I bought from an Ebay seller.The clay mold almost seems that I have to roll out the fondant overtop and then use an exacto knife to trim it out?Is that correct? With the other molds do I cut the fondant out first with the cutter and then roll or press into mold?? I have spent so much money on all the cake gadgets that I would like to know how to use them properly!! I also have a Bra/Panty cake to do for the 6th of June and I want to use these lace molds!!

Any tips from avid lace mold users!!
LL
LL

5 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure how those molds are used, but I have been looking at that lace one also... Sooooo.... Bump! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 6

There has got to be some of you that know how these work!!! HEEELLLPPPP!!

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

See if they are in here... Maybe...

http://globalsugarart.com/instruction.sheets.php

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 6

I tell you someone to ask...

cakelady48 she is the bomb with molds icon_smile.gif

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 6

WOW! that actually comes with a cutter!? icon_confused.gif
I just roll out gumpaste, dust the mold lightly with cornstarch and press the rolled out GP into the mold, and gently pull it out.
These should work the same way, you sometimes need to make the edges neat with an excto knife or a palette knife.
I'm sure there are other CCer's who use these type as well, they will be able help you better. icon_biggrin.gif

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%