Louisiana Suppliers? N.o/b.r/covington?

Decorating By 2kiddos Updated 23 May 2008 , 1:09pm by plbennett_8

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 9

For any Southern Louisiana decorators... Do you know of local suppliers (shortening/sugar/fondant) in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Covington areas that sell to individuals?
I have a supplier for my boxes/boards, but the actual baking supplies I can't seem to find, without being a licensed business.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
cakecrazy1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy1129 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 9

I'd like to know the same thing. Im from BR and have to buy all of my supplies from party time but their products do not come in big enough packages and are priced too high for the volume that I buy. I'm pretty sure there arent any local suppliers but I'd love to know for sure.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 9

im from Denham Springs and would also love to know the answer, i too buy mostly from Party Time.

cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:07am
post #4 of 9

I live in New ORLEANS and i buy most of my supplies from Koerner on Jefferson Hwy.Quick blend quick is a hi-ratio shorting, Fillings, Flavors,etc.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 9

cakebaker- is that jefferson in N.O. or Jefferson in BR?

cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 9

Koerner is located in New Orleans

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 9

Hi All,

I too have been buying from Party Time, and would be really interested in finding somewhere that would sell in larger quantities, and better prices. What exactly are ya'll looking to buy? I buy sugar, flour, powdered sugar, etc at Sam's... Both Party Emporium, and Tiger Central will order for you... Maybe if some of us could get together we could order in bulk and get better prices. I think shipping is going to get crazy with the price of diesel sky rocketing...

Will be watching with interest!
Pat

cakecrazy1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy1129 Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:14am
post #8 of 9

I was planning on going by party emporium for the first time today but I would like to know if you think it will be worth my while. What do they carry as far as cakes go? Do they have high ratio shortening? Also, are there prices reasonable or are they more expensive than party time?

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 9

They do not have high ratio shortening. The lady said that she would order it for you. She used to carry it, but it was not selling fast enough to warrant stocking it. I did not do a price comparison. She has flavorings, colors, boards, boxes, pans, picks, tips...can't remember more. They do not have as much stuff as Party Time.

HTH,
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%