Profession Ka Vs New Cuisinart

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 20 May 2008 , 3:47pm by mindywith3boys

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 4

I've been watching the thread with all of the Kohl's coupons and I've managed to convince myself that I need a new stand mixer. Mine is the classic KA 4.5 quart 250 watt and it's 10+ years old.

In your opinion, which of the two is better and why? Ten extra points for creativitiy. icon_razz.gif

3 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 4

IMO it comes down to a matter of power. KA Pros are 600 watts vs the Cuisinart at 1000 watts.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 4

That's the point I'm getting stuck on. I love my KA and can't imagine going to any other manufacturer. But those extra watts seem like they'd make a huge difference (now I sound like my husband when he talks about power tools!).

Anyone else? I wanted to order today so any other great input would be helpful.

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 4

Here's my thing. Have you ever really needed much more power than the 250 watts that you have? I know my 250 KA has no problem making Sugarshacks icing or MMF or anything I've ever thrown at it. I think you'll love the 600 watt KA. In my opinion when you love a brand, stick with it. I guess I'm just loyal. You probably would never even notice those extra watts. Except maybe when paying your electric bill. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%