Chocolate Cupcake Overflowing

Decorating By epolpie6 Updated 20 May 2008 , 3:01pm by epolpie6

epolpie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epolpie6 Posted 20 May 2008 , 10:52am
post #1 of 6

HELP! I used to make perfectly domed chocolate cupcakes but lately, all my attempts have been either overflowing or doming to one side! I have checked the level of my oven rack and found nothing wrong with it. Could it be the temperature? Is it too low perhaps? The recipe I used called for 325 degrees F. and the intruction furthewr stated that if I will be using a dark non-stick pan to lower the temperature by 25 degrees. I have also been filling my cupcake liners 2/3 full. Please, please, please help! I am getting desperate! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:09am
post #2 of 6

I am not sure what the wrong temp will do but I bake my cupcakes @325 so maybe it is too low (it doesn't matter which pan I use shiny or dark).
Maybe one of the cuppy experts can help. Good Luck

maurerba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maurerba Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:22am
post #3 of 6

Just yesterday I had a friend who told me this weekend she had to make a cake 3 times because it kept overflowing from the pan. She finally figured out that her baking powder was expired and causing the problem. Maybe you should check yours. Hope you can figure out the problem.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:22am
post #4 of 6

With some recipes you just have to fill the cups half way so they won't over flow. With cupcakes I always bake at 350. In fact Melvira starts the oven at 400 and lowers it to 350 when you put your cupcakes in the oven. Works really well. Go to the Cupcake forum and you will learn all kinds of info on cupcakes!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epolpie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epolpie6 Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you, thank you, thank you sooo much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%