Cake To Taste Like Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Baking By kymscakes Updated 20 May 2008 , 3:00pm by SpringFlour

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a cake like pineapple upside down cake, but i need something I can decorate. Any recipe suggestions for both cake and filling would be helpful. I searched the recipe section but I can"t eat pineapple so I don't even really know what it should taste like to compare.
Thanks in advance.
Kym

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:25am
post #2 of 4

How about making a yellow cake with brown sugar and pineapple filling?

Pineapple upside down cake is basically yellow cake with carmelized brown sugar and pineapples on "top".

I've purchased a good pineapple filling in a sleeve from cincinnaticakeandcandy.com.

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, I didn't realize the pineapple was with brown sugar, that's good to know. I don't have time to order a filling, but I enjoy making stuff up so I'm sure that will be fine.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4

I made a delicious pinapple cake with a DH pineapple cake mix. I drained a small can of pineapple and used the juice as the water in the recipe (I had to add a little water to it to make up the difference). Then I put the pineapple in the cake mix. It turned out very moist. If you tried something like this, you could make a brown sugar or caramel type filling for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%