5 Ft Long Circus Themed Cake. . Help

Decorating By Sugar21cube Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:53pm by Sugar21cube

Sugar21cube Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 8

i work at a bakery in walmart (i know not technacaly a real bakery) anyway a customer ordered a 5ft long sheet cake, she wants a circus theme. im exited to do it, its a nice challenge but the only thing she has to put on it is a little merry go round and some animals. i need some ideas, im going to put some clowns on it but im not sure what else to do, its for a girls first birthday

thanx for any suggestions icon_redface.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 8

Make three rings by using borders around circles. Do you have access to toy animals or clowns? Put those in the three rings. Make another border about 2" inside from the edges. You can leave that area plain or fill in w/airbrushing; sprinkles; or cornelli.
That extra border cuts down on the amount of decorating you have to do on large cakes.

7yyrt Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 8

How about the parade of animals and performers? All leading toward a circus tent, with the Happy Birthday behind them on the ground drawn in the dust... Don't forget to make footprints!

lilyanddayne Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 8

How about a circus train cake. 3D train and use loaf pans for the cars. Make each car holding different circus animals or whatever.

LeanneW Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 8

i was thinking of things you could easily pipe on there

an admission ticket, like those ones that get ripped off the giant rolls

you could make the cake "map like" showing the path through the circus and the stops along the way like the fortune teller, the house of mirrors, a magician, the performing monkeys and so on.

a simple version of something like this

Sugar21cube Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 8

thanx for the ideas, the all help a lot!

diane Posted 20 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 8

i didn't know walmart does custom orders. icon_confused.gif
i thought you were limited to what they had.

Sugar21cube Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 8

i love custom orders, but for this size cake they have to bring the board. i tell my customers if they have an idea for what they want they can bring in the toys or decorations so i can decorate the cake to go with their theme

Quote by @%username% on %date%