Supe Why Cake Help Please!

Decorating By kutikat Updated 20 May 2008 , 4:40pm by WJNL

kutikat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutikat Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 7

My son wants a Super Why cake for his 3rd birthday. I am not very good at drawing so I don't feel confident in trying to just draw a pic of super why on the cake. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my little guy an amazing cake. Super Why is a kids show on pbs in case you were wondering icon_smile.gif

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:39am
post #2 of 7

Here's a Super Why coloring page:

http://healthy-family.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/superwhy1.pdf

10 Ways to transfer images to cakes:
(With tutorials and help threads.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5925223-.html

HTH

NolansMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NolansMom Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 7

What about doing a simple rectangle cake and make it look like the Super duper computer that they enter all the letters into. For the message write HAP_Y B_RT_DAY. Like they do when the solve the puzzles??

mmm-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmm-cake Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 7

I made a Super-Why cake for a friend last month, and used the edible image (ordered it off of Ebay). Then just frosted each side of a 1/4 sheet in a different vibrant color to match, with lots of piped "?" on the sides. Wish I was more computer-savy, and could figure out how to upload the picicon_sad.gif

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 7

Don't know if this will help but I made some super why cupcakes (haven't uploaded any pictures) but I used clear blue gel to make his big blue eyes . His hair can be brown fondant cut out or brown jimmies. For his mouth I used red shoe licorice. If you made any of the other characters you could used different colors of gel for their eyes. The gel looks cool for eyes and the super why kids have such fun big eyes!!! thumbs_up.gif

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 7

I love the idea of the Super Duper Computer, gosh! My little guy loves Super Why too (and I do too haha)
You could do a transfer, they are fairly simple characters. Maybe of the cellphone with the Super Readers on it. Or if he has a fav character, just to a transfer of that one.

WJNL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WJNL Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 7

I just did my first buttercream transfer and it was really easy. I learned the technique here on CC. I did a first communion cake with twins praying. It wasn't perfect but for a first try it was pretty fun and easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%