Cupcakes Sticking To Wrappers?? Help!!!!

Decorating By DollyCakes Updated 19 May 2008 , 7:47pm by fiddlesticks

DollyCakes Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sure this has been asked and answered in that looooooooong cupcake thread , but my eyeballs are burning from the first 70 pages and I just can't look anymore for now so I'll just ask! icon_lol.gif

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep mini cupcakes from sticking to the wrappers?

We have an event coming up where we need to make about 600 of the little suckers and so far in the preliminaries, they are cute as bugs, but all sticking to the wrappers - like the bottom of the cupcake is staying in the wrapper when I remove it! icon_cry.gif

Also, I'm finding that where the wrapper ends and the batter touches the pan, there is a darker colored ring around the cuppie where it's touching the metal and getting more done as it bakes...any suggestion for that one?

Thanks ladies! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JoAnnB Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 3

If you want the finished cake to be without a wrapper, I would bake them directly in the pan. Also, I think if you lower the oven temp, they will brown less on the top edge.

fiddlesticks Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 3

Do you spray the wrappers? Also try spraying the edge of the pan where its sticking above the wrapper or Just rub on the edge of the pan rim with veg oil ! Do you bake at 325 ? Just some thought s !

Quote by @%username% on %date%