Morning Laugh!!

Decorating By mommyle Updated 21 May 2008 , 3:10am by mommyle

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 30

So a client calls me... And it's the standard "Oh, how much time do you need? I have company tomorrow for lunch..." Well, I"m not busy and Desperate Housewives doesn't start for another two hours, so why not? DH is home and he can look after the kids for an hour or so, Right??? As the conversation rolls along, it's just a small, easy cake (6" with choc. ganache and a fondant bow. I do them in my sleep), and she's paying me WELL!!!

Here's the kicker. She has only tried my cakeballs so far. YOu know, cakey goodness covered in chocolate. So as we are discussing what flavor cake, she says "Well, I want it to be kind of healthy, you know?" Ummmm... It's cake. "Oh, I know, but can it be kind of healthy?" Umm.... Well, it's sugar and flower and eggs... "Oh I know... But like your cake balls were so good..." Ok. seriously... there is NOTHING healthy about a cake ball. That's why it tastes so darn good!!! Hidden celery??? Crush multi-vitamin into it??? No??? So we're okay with just the cake and ganache and decorations then???

I swear, I nearly peed my pants!!!!

29 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 30

tell her you'll give her a 4" instead and she can cut the slices extra small so it'll be "healthier" LOL

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 30

Where in the whole wide world do these people come from? Another planet? Healthy cake...... what an oxymoron.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

tell her you'll give her a 4" instead and she can cut the slices extra small so it'll be "healthier" LOL

ROFL!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Too great! Some people are silly. Put a strawberry on top and use some dark chocolate for those antioxidants and some cool whip for dairy. Maybe that will appease her. icon_wink.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 30

Well...eggs...milk..that sounds pretty healthy to me!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 30

Hey I am thinking coco comes from a bean ...beans...healthy ...right!!!

Stick with chocolate and you can't go wrong. thumbs_up.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 30

lol that's really funny. icon_lol.gificon_confused.gif

but chutzpah... healthy cake doesn't really have to be an oxymoron, there are plenty of ways to make a cake healthy. icon_wink.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 30

So she wants healthy...it's possible...
dark chocolate (antioxidant), use egg whites only (low cholesterol), organic sugar in the raw, as suggested before add whipped cream (dairy)and a strawberry (fruit), while you're at it throw in some flax seed when sifting the flour (which is going to be unbleached, whole wheat, in it's organic state straight off of the farm that you will process yourself minutes before baking), why not add tsp. of orange juice (Vit. C) and top if off with a mint leaf (herb/veggie)...is this healthy enough?!?
gosh darn, some people! icon_cool.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:16pm
post #9 of 30

Well you know that since when you make cake balls you break up the cake and the calories and fat FALL OUT of the cake!!

So cake balls are MUCH healthier than and actual cake. Plus if you dip them in Dark Chocolate - well, we all know that DARK chocolate is HEALTHY for you - right??

Maybe that's what she meant?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 May 2008 , 10:56pm
post #10 of 30

That's why carrot cake was invented. Hehehehehe

Mike

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:14pm
post #11 of 30

I have (had?) recipes for zucchini; carrot; lettus cakes. Which one do you think will be the healthiest for her?

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Well you know that since when you make cake balls you break up the cake and the calories and fat FALL OUT of the cake!!

LOVE IT!!!! If only it were true (as I sit here on a pile of cake scraps...oops that's my backside!)

Hey...when I was at Walmart the other day, I saw boxed of cake mix (Pillsbury, maybe?) that are new LOW sugar....or low calorie...or something along that line. All well and good I guess until I slat a box of pudding to it!!!! Maybe your customer would like that...

And seriously kakeladi...there really is a lettuce cake? It just can't be! What has the world come to?????

-Michelle

locasec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
locasec Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:57pm
post #13 of 30

I checked out those new Pillsbury cake mixes tonight; the box says 50% less sugar, and there's a Splenda logo next to that. Well, maybe it's 50% less sugar, but it's only 20 fewer calories per serving. Darn; I guess I'll just have to stick to the real thing after all!

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:07am
post #14 of 30

Hang on...I am stuck on the lettuce cake...you said you "had" the recipe...did you ever make it and try it??? We all have to know....

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:20am
post #15 of 30

Ok-----
This almost made me pee my pants too icon_biggrin.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:37am
post #16 of 30

I'm reminded of a line in the movie "Analyze This" when one of the guys was going to get something to eat. It went something like: "What kind of sandwich isn't too fattening?" The answer... "Half a sandwich".

Pat

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:50am
post #17 of 30

Lettuce cake? It conjurs up pictures of green spinach pasta and the like. Maybe we could get a tomatoe cake and have a cake salad.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:55am
post #18 of 30

why not puree some vegetables and add it in the batter icon_razz.gif she'll never taste the difference...and... it's healthy! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:52am
post #19 of 30

I had to look for the lettuce cake recipe, this is the only one I could find -
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf98980531.tip.html

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:18am
post #20 of 30

Now why would anyone put lettuce in a cake?!

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:24am
post #21 of 30

Your situation sounds so familiar! I once had a lady call and she wanted a "healthy cake"...she actually asked me to make a no suger, low fat cake! Can you believe it?!?!?! I told her it didn't exist and she said she absolutely had to have it because some of the people at her party were diabetic. I couldn't help but think that if I had diabetis then I would probably know better than to shove a huge piece of cake in my face. Anyways she said she knew of a place where she could get one.......... icon_rolleyes.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:31am
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Let me know if someone cooks this
icon_surprised.giftapedshut.gificon_lol.gif

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:41am
post #23 of 30

Wow ya some ppl. Next time I go on a diet I'll have to find some healthy cake and maybe some candies to go with that! lol

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #24 of 30

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Healthy cake.......... icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif .............hahahahahaha
This is just TOO much................... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:56am
post #25 of 30

I did make a cake and icing with no/very little sugar. It was horrible. The icing literally melted when I took it outside to deliver it, it was very heavy, and it tasted like crap. The diabetics who ate it actually liked it. I won't be making that cake again!!

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:04am
post #26 of 30

So...this woman must be thinking of the Bill Cosby philosophy of cake....

Chocolate Cake for Breakfast!!!!
"Dad is Great.....give us the chocolate cake!!!" (I can hear the melody now!!!!)

Milk...eggs...flour...those things are all in pancakes, so cake MUST be healthy and good for you, right?!?! RIGHT!!!!

Lish

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:30am
post #27 of 30

OK I can't decide which is funnier, the original post or the fact that a recipe actually exists for "lettuce cake"!

(p.s. I TOTALLY subscribe to the Bill Cosby version of cake nutrition. Specifically for breakfast! That is one of my favorite comedic bits thumbs_up.gif )

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 20 May 2008 , 10:02am
post #28 of 30

oh dear.. I had a recipe for a truly healthy 'chocolate' cake . I think it was called the menopause cake or something like that... full of carob and seeds and so worthy that it couldn't possibly be enjoyable. It was given to me by my very earnest massage tutor who was into all things healthy and Zen and hippy.

Although I can't remember the name for certain I remember smiling and thinking, 'I'm never going to making that little parcel of goodness!''

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:09pm
post #29 of 30

I tried to eat a piece of healthy cake once-made with the seeds, carob, sugarless, sawdust, whatever...it was so bad the box it came in tasted better! I'm gagging and making cat hairball sounds just thinking about it.

There is a book with great vegan recipes: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:10am
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

OMG!!! You guys make me laugh!!!

*singing* you guys, are my best friends, through thick and thin, we always stick together....

I am SO making that tomorrow!!! I need to buy lettuce. I have the rest of the ingredients. Go figure. I have everything else, but NO LETTUCE!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%