Gt Class?????? Cake??????

Decorating By Amanda518 Updated 21 May 2008 , 12:39pm by foxymomma521

Amanda518 Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 9

My son is in an advance class and He is having an end of the year class party. I Have no idea how to decorate this cake, cause hes in 1st grade and there is one 3rd grader but the rest are in 5th grade. I am not sure how to mix all the grades into one, or a general theme. Does anyone have any ideas? I am really stuck on this one; I get things in my head and think hmm that would be good, but then I second guess myself on if that would be cool enough.. icon_confused.gif Thanks in advance for any ideas.. thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
KHalstead Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 9

one thing you can almost guarantee all of those kids LOVE.............SUMMER VACATION!!! LOL Make it a summer themed cake

Amanda518 Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 9

That does sound good KHalstead.. Do you or anyone reading this know how to make the pool water and make it look clear is it jello or something? Sorry I dont know all the tricks yet.. icon_redface.gif hopefully I will soon.. cause its so exciting and nice to do these for people..

kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 9

For water you use piping gel. It is a clear jelly like substance. If you have ever used a fruit glaze - like the gel you make strawberry pie with - that's what piping gel is like, Wilton sells it in 8 oz container. Most likely available at MIchael's Crafts or Hobby Lobby - places like that.

Amanda518 Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you for the information. It looks like I am going to be going to Michaels very soon cause I also saw a 10 piece tool set everyone one is talking about in a different thread... I want it... icon_eek.gif ... I so wish there was a closer one to me I have to drive about 25 mins to get the the nearest one. Put its ok its my DH's bank card I'll be using... icon_twisted.gif ooooh yeah..

foxymomma521 Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 9

There is a recipe for piping gel in the recipe section, it's made with lemon juice and tastes a million times better than Wilton's icon_wink.gif

CSMoore Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 9

I have a chalkboard cake in my photos....you could write "Break Time" or "Summer Break" in the middle and put the formulas around it randomly....maybe one formula for each grade level and make the apples, chalk, and eraser. How this helps

Amanda518 Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 9

So here is the turn out for my cake for my sons class. I am still newer to this so It is not as perfect as I would like, but I am pretty pleased with.. I got the idea for the people in the people from everyone on here who had awesome pool cakes. Thanks for sharing your cakes! Thanks for looking.. icon_biggrin.gif (have to add this is the cake I came up with after the one before it got dropped..icon_sad.gif so it is a little on the rougher side. )

foxymomma521 Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 9

Nice job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%