Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By KLUlover12 Updated 18 May 2008 , 10:19pm by Rzrback

KLUlover12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KLUlover12 Posted 18 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 3

i have to make a baby shower cake and she wants pink and brown polka dots. she said she didnt care what i did. but i have no clue what to do. its a girl so i thought of 4 3d blocks that have pink and brown on them. any other ideas??? please post

2 replies
Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 3

What about a lovely little girl's dress? You could easily carve that from a sheet cake. Pink with chocolate brown swiss dot for a pattern, perhaps? The ways to embellish are endless! Use a cutter to make a lace edged fondant ribbon for a hemline. And you could create a pair of coordinating baby shoes from fondant.

Hth! Have fun!

Rzrback Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rzrback Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 3

How many people does the cake need to feed? What flavor of cake and icing? I have seen numerous cakes done in the pink and brown theme that are adorable! And remember, just because you don't see an inspiration picture done as a baby theme doesn't mean you can't turn it into a baby theme. What about a 2-tiered cake with polka dots and cute little fondant topper? You could also do little blocks around the first tier that spell out the baby's name. Have fun with it no matter what you decide to do! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%