Epson Printer Help!

Decorating By 2chae Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm by tiggy2

2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 8

I purchased the Epson CX8400. I printed 2 "circle" pages and the color did not come out as it showed on the computer. Also, I only have 65% of ink left after only 2 pages printed. HELP! icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Gama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gama Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 8

Check your printer settings you may have to clean the head or do a nozzle check... play in there for awhile and see if all your settings are ok
I have a Epson cx7400 and just printed 8 pages of 3'' circles and they came out fine. Epson would not tell me how much ink I had left because I used Kopy Kake edible ink. I will check that later. I hope this helped you some. good luck ! icon_smile.gif

2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Gama! I'll keep trying!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 8

When you do your test printing, just use regular paper and only print one small image, this way you will only use small amounts of your ink until you are sure of your results and save your kopykake sheets.

Also, I find in general the color on your monitor is not going to be exactly what your prints will be.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 8

I also found you have to play around with the paper settings on your computer. I can't recall but I think the color comes out best on mine when it's set to something like "presentation" paper. Keep at it but as a pp said, don't print a whole lot each time you do a test so you don't waste too much ink.

Good luck, you'll get it!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:09am
post #6 of 8

I have a Epson cx8400 does anyone know how to clean the heads

Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:02am
post #7 of 8

I have a Epson cx8400 does anyone know how to clean the heads
Molly2

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 8

Try this site for instructions http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/epson-CX8400-InfoGuide.pdf

Are they clogged?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%