Look For Me In Newsweek.

Lounge By mellormom Updated 19 May 2008 , 6:21pm by mellormom

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 5

The child I nanny for is on the Cover of Newsweek this week. He has bi-polar disorder. I have a quote in the article and maybe my son will have a picture in the magazine but I'm not sure. (the magazone comes out tomorrow) You can check it out at www.newsweek.com I'm Jenny by the way. icon_smile.gif
I'm very excited for Max. He has a very tough life and it's great that he can share it with the world and have his 15 minutes of fame. icon_smile.gif
Jen...[/img]

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 5

Oh, Jen,

I just read the article on Max. To look at him, you think he's just an average kid. You can't see the struggle inside of him in those photos.

I've encountered children like him before, at a school where I volunteered infrequently. It is difficult to work around them, because part of you wants to hug them until they pop, because you know they can't help themselves, and when they have an "episode," you either want to clobber them or lock them away.

The fact that you are willing to work with him and his family makes you a very admirable and Blessed person.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 5

Max's story is overwhelming to read, I cannot imagine what it must be to live through the real thing. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Maybe, hopefully, someday soon a solution will be found so that Max can grow up to be a full-time normal kid and his parents will get a break.

mellormom Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:21am
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

mellormom Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 5

I ended up getting pictured in the Magazine in the table of contents. icon_smile.gif LOL My son was in the pic to but his face wasn't showing. LOL
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%