I Have Got To Say...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 18 May 2008 , 9:42pm by lorijom

wgoat5 Posted 18 May 2008 , 11:43am
post #1 of 12

a few things to a BUNCH of people here on CC... a lot of thanks need to go out to my beautiful CC friends who have helped me time and time again.. call me a sop but I get teary thinking about how unselfish these people are continuously!!!! In these times it is hard to find people so caring. So willing to take their PRECIOUS time out to help someone they know only by a screen name (or real name). I am constantly in need of help and I ALWAYS try to say thank you to everybody.. if I haven't then I need to be smacked!!!! I have stayed in contact with several here.. and I have met 1 ... (which by the way was such a great experience and I feel I have met such a great new friend!)

Thank you to those who have smacked me around and set me straight LOL.. sometimes we do need to be smacked back into reality....For the straightforward advice that I take for every penny that it is worth!!!!

I would also like to thank all those sharing their beautiful artwork with us. Taking YOUR time to post your MASTERPIECES and will even explain 9 times out of ten how ya do it... EVEN if you don't explain it in detail it is out there for us to try it!!

I am in awe that we can have very serious discussions AND remain friends through the tough ones!!! All the heated arguments stir things up but in the end I think we all come back together as one big amazing group of people.

That is pretty much it..I'm a sap and I am sorry I have taken anybodies time up.. but I am just happy that CC is here.. happy that I have had so many positive interactions... and hope to have many more.. AND to meet many more!!!

(((((((hugs))))))) to all of you!!!!

11 replies
yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 11:52am
post #2 of 12

Awww, well I'd like to thank you for helping me ...and fairly recently I might add. icon_wink.gif You're right, CC members are among the kindest I know! As a fairly new person to the business, I don't get to help much, but I give all I can when I can. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif two thumbs up for all....you rock!

courtney1009 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 12

I agree. I found cake channel by accident a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! Everyone gives such great advice and they are EXTREMELY helpful!!!! Thanks to everyone! You guys are the greatest!

VickiChicki Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 12

I have to say I agree with you Christi - this is such a great site. I don't have a lot of time to spend here because I stay SO busy in my little cake shop - but I have learned so much by coming here and reading and gathering shared info and it is such a blessing! And I am just in AWE at so many of the creations posted on this site - they are all so inspiring and there really does seem to be great commradary (?spelling) - (you know - team spirt) here amongst members. That is what brings me back!
Thanks Christi and eveyone! thumbs_up.gif

foots2 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 12

Your right.....................I work in a Jail and I'll tell ya we become very guarded in that environment, and it is very nice to know that here
you can ask someone for something(advice) and not feel like your intruding or asking for the secret recipe! We are all trying to better our baking,deorating skills in a very competitive field yet I see so much giving from someone so that another person can become better. You WONT find that out there in the real "dog eat dog" world. So...Thanks to all who help anyone, anytime. It is deeply appreciated.

playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 12

Well said, Christi!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

PattyT Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #7 of 12

Ditto - ditto - ditto...and them some.

I have learned more in the last few months since joining than I ever could have imagined. The point about everyone sharing their beautiful pictures, and recipes is very true.

People answer all my dumb newbie questions with courtesy and respect - day and night!

THANKS wgoat5 for reminding us how lucky we are to have CC!

pjaycakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:37pm
post #8 of 12

I totally agree. I feel very connected to people on this board both through cake and non cake happenings. It is nice to know there is a place that everyone can get along through good times and bad and help each other unselfishly.

I credit the beauty of every cake I make to the people on this board who helped make it possible.

I wish we could have a CC convention so that we can all meet face to face. Wouldn't that be cool icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 12

Patty -

The subject of a CC convention, or something like that, has been discussed a few times over the past few years. I do not know if any progress has been made, but it would be nice to know if any plans are in the making.

I know that some of the members have gotten together in small groups from time to time. I think someone threw a slumber party a few weeks ago. I would love to hear more about how that turned out.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:45pm
post #10 of 12

I wanna play cakes icon_cry.gif LOL

lu9129 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:58pm
post #11 of 12

Even besides cake you all have been there for me when my MOM died. It doesn't seem to matter what is going on in someone's life, someone here is there for you.

Thank you guys!

lorijom Posted 18 May 2008 , 9:42pm
post #12 of 12

I couldn't agree with you more Christi...this is a great site with a bunch of great people...you being one of the besticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%