~~Does Anybody Has The Kimora Cake?~~

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 21 May 2008 , 1:10pm by MichelleM77

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:58am
post #1 of 14

I heard on TV about her daughter's cake being a replica of the girl and she was being critized about her eating it (kimora lee simmons). Can anybody share the picture with me?
Thanx!

Patty*

13 replies
hcouso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hcouso Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:19am
post #2 of 14

Hi Patty,

Here's a link from youtube and it's about 2 mins on Kimora's daughter Ming's birthday party. The cake comes in at about 1min27secs. I hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gif It is a pretty interesting cake.

Heather

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:25am
post #3 of 14

I did a search on it and this is the video of the party. You can see the cake, too.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32893638

hcouso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hcouso Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:33am
post #4 of 14

OH, my Gosh!! It must be late for me. I forgot to put the link on here icon_eek.gif

(I'm sorry)

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 14

Okay, never seen this show...but how hideous was that cake?????

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 14

Saw the entire episode. Kimora's little girl actually wanted the cake to look like her, it wasn't Kimora's idea, so don't understand why people are criticizing. Actually, Kimora didn't even want to cut the cake because she was thinking about her little girl and she said it didn't feel right, so her personal cook did it for them.

The cake was made by Sylvia Weinstock.

HTH icon_smile.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 14

The cake looks like a copy of Michelle's Dora cake(cakestrings.com). I don't think this is Sylvia W's typical "thing"....

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 20 May 2008 , 3:40pm
post #8 of 14

It looked like Dora to me as well...

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 14

That definitely looks like Dora. She has the backpack, clothes and all. If it was a replica of her daughter, I'd like to think the hair would be curly.

The public will pick at anything.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 14

It's cake, not a human, for cryin out loud. What's the difference between a carved cake to replicate someone and an edible image which is an exact copy of someone? I haven't seen people freakin out over cutting into edible images.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 20 May 2008 , 7:16pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

It's cake, not a human, for cryin out loud. What's the difference between a carved cake to replicate someone and an edible image which is an exact copy of someone? I haven't seen people freakin out over cutting into edible images.

I agree...I don't think it's a big deal at all. Once you start cutting you can't really tell what it was anyway. Usually the kids all fight over the body parts, especially the head, so it's not like THEY have a problem with it.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:24am
post #12 of 14

[quote="Homemade-Goodies"]Okay, never seen this show...but how hideous was that cake?????[/quote

thought it was ugly....but her daughters are really cute.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:34pm
post #13 of 14

I thought it looked more like Dora too.. but the important thing is that the little girl loved it. Kids don't see it like an adult might. How cool is it to eat your foot as an 8 year old right?? It's cake..

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 May 2008 , 1:10pm
post #14 of 14

I saw the show and couldn't believe how much the cake didn't look like her daughter!

I wouldn't have been able to cut it either. I'm on the side of the fence with the other people who won't make or cut into a baby belly cake. Yikes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%