Electric Sifter? Where To Buy

Decorating By jjmoore Updated 18 May 2008 , 7:21am by LadyMike

jjmoore Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 9

Okay there may not be such a thing but my mom swears that they make electric sifters and I can't find any online. Do you know if they make them and where i can get one.

8 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 9
bmbard Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #3 of 9

I would love to know too!!!

rezzygirl Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #4 of 9

If you mean the battery operated one, yes, they exist, I have one, used it twice and now it's collecting dust. NOT WORTH IT! It takes longer than using a strainer (which is all I use now). Also it gets clogged easily and couldn't handle 2 cups of flour. Here is a link to one:
http://kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BE0140

Maybe there's another/better one out there that your mom is talking about?

DianeLM Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 9

Don't waste your money. Electric sifters are crap.

The tool that gets the job done fastest with the least amount of stress to the hands and wrists is a flat bottomed sieve/sifter mounted to a ring made of either stainless steel or bamboo. Just place it over a large bowl, pour your dry stuff on it, then stir and press it through with a rubber scraper. Takes practically no time. I have one dedicated to sugar that I just pop into a plastic bag when I'm finished, rather than wash it every time.

ceshell Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:38am
post #6 of 9

I too have read NOTHING but bad things about that electric sifter and have opted not to buy one. Even my MIL who almost bought me one as a gift, said the people at the store said it was junk!

I have heard nothing but good things about that flat bottomed sieve. I want one! I usually just use a mesh colander and run a spoon around in it, but of course the sides are mesh too so that gets really messy sometimes...

LadyMike Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:03am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

The tool that gets the job done fastest with the least amount of stress to the hands and wrists is a flat bottomed sieve/sifter mounted to a ring made of either stainless steel or bamboo. Just place it over a large bowl, pour your dry stuff on it, then stir and press it through with a rubber scraper. Takes practically no time. I have one dedicated to sugar that I just pop into a plastic bag when I'm finished, rather than wash it every time.

I'm sorry, but I cannot picture what a flat bottomed sieve/sifter is. icon_confused.gif Do you have a link so I can see something like this? I need something really badly that will make my life easier when it comes to sifting - if you know what I mean. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

TIA
LadyMike icon_smile.gif

ceshell Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:12am
post #8 of 9

Here are a bunch in different sizes... http://www.instawares.com/sieves.214.3.6945.0.0.8.htm

There's one for just $10 at the top of the page!

LadyMike Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:21am
post #9 of 9

Thanks ceshell. I just couldn't get a picture in my mind of what it was. dunce.gif I'll have to get one of those because my sifter is falling apart and they don't make them like that anymore, if you catch my drift... icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Thanks again,
LadyMike icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%