Topsy Turvey Problems

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 18 May 2008 , 1:04am by costumeczar

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:57am
post #1 of 2

ive read all the instructions i could find, but i think their not telling me everything.
so ive baked my layers, let them rest over night, stacked carved and crumb coated rest over night, covered in fondant, again rested over night, now im stacking tiers and using the sps . but the fondant has now got fine cracks in it. should i have covered and pushed in the sps at that point?? i thought it best for them to rest before doing this, giving them a chance to settle and possible shrink a fraction.

i think im going to peel the fondant off and recover at least the bottom tier. guess ill be pulling a late night tonight asi have to deliver tomorrow afternoon.

absolutely any tips and advice is desperately needed.
tia.

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 2

I'd put the supports into the cake before you let the fondant harden up, because inserting something into the fondant when the surface is dried might be the reason the cracks showed up. I don't know what "sps" means, so if it's a specific type of support system you might have to do it in a certain order, but I don't see why you have to wait between each step like that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%