White Cap Girls.. Dark Colors Boys... Does It Matter?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 18 May 2008 , 12:22am by mbelgard

wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 6

I have done a few grad cakes in my time... BUT... I have always done a light cap for the girls and dark caps for the boys... does anybody do this or do you just use the dark colors for each? Just seems like it should be how it is during their graduation... Just a thought..

5 replies
indydebi Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 6

Usually the mom who is ordering the cake tells me what color they want on it. Personally, I dont' see that it's any big deal what color it is .... but I guess there are some people who would live-or-die by the color of it. I say just ask 'em if they have a preference.

wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 6

See they never tell me.. They just say .. make it a graduation cake LOL... I just add the cap.. but I would of made a darker color if I would of known not to worry about it.. I guess next time I should ask icon_rolleyes.gif

vickymacd Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:01am
post #4 of 6

It seems like that's how it should be, but now, each school has their colors. So I would always ask if I were you! I know even for my daughters grad party it was important to have the school colors on everything. Just my opinion.

wgoat5 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:05am
post #5 of 6

Oh yes Vicky.. I know about doing it with the school colors.. but my question was the light color for the girls caps and the dark for the boys icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:22am
post #6 of 6

I don't know about your area but around us they don't do colors based on gender, they use school colors mostly. Some schools do have a different color for honors students, my husband's high school was like that, then it's usually the other school color.

I'd ask the parents what colors if you're wondering.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%