Decorating "quick N Dirty" Guide?

Decorating By BellaBabyCakes Updated 18 May 2008 , 4:01am by Texas_Rose

BellaBabyCakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 2

I'm relatively new here and to cake decorating, I've gone on several shopping sprees for supplies and have been gathering much info for future reference (now, just to find the time to PLAY!), anyway icon_biggrin.gif

I have so many websites that I've bookmarked based on various serving charts, pan sizes etc etc. Only have one book for decorating so far. What I'm wondering is: is there a book out there that has all the "technical details" at your fingertips? I'm always amazed at the seasoned artists who can come on here and spout serving sizes and pan sizes like it's their Social Security number! Those details are what I'd like to be able to memorize so I'm always prepared.

I'm a quilter as well and there is a "Quilt Calculator" that will calculate how much fabric you'll need for your design..this is sort of what I"m thinking of. I don't necessarily need decorating tips or pictures (that's what the internets for but I'll take more if I have to!), I need DETAILS icon_smile.gif Thanks for any help!

1 reply
Texas_Rose Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 2

The Wilton yearbook has a servings chart, along with bake times for different sizes and cups of batter needed, and cutting diagrams. It also has info on how to dowel and stack cakes, and some recipes and directions for using various tips to make different borders and flowers. It's actually a good bargain for how much info is in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%