I'm Pooped Oops I Rambled On Too Long

Business By Mike1394 Updated 19 May 2008 , 12:10pm by Mike1394

Mike1394 Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 9

This past two weeks have been tough. I called the HD to see exactly what I need to do to convert my upstairs apartment into a comm. kitchen. They told me no we don't do that in MI. I said yes you do. LOLOL Well, you need to call the Dept. of AG. So I called them they said NO we don't do that, you can't. I said yes you do. LOLOL. I wroe my State Senator, and told him of the issue. I get an e-mail Friday stating If it is has a separte entrance, and no access to the rest of house it's fine. Well DUH, that's what I've been trying to say. LOLOL. OK so now I can proceed with my plans. Lounging through H. Depot last night. They have ceramic tile on sale for .68 a sq ft. OMG the cheapest I've seen is .78. WoooHooo if I get it now I can save over 50 bucks. So the plans get shifted, and I start laying tile tomorrow. I already got the old floor ripped up, but I'M POOPED LOLOL
Sorry this got long.

8 replies
indydebi Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 9

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Dont' 'cha just luv telling people how to do the job they are paid to do? Isn't it a little scary that the people we depend on to keep our restaurant and bakery kitchens safe and sanitary have no idea how the rules work? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Congrats on moving forward!!!

littlecake Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:08am
post #3 of 9

Mike1394 Posted 18 May 2008 , 9:32am
post #4 of 9

Thanks, and yes it is scary. I kind of live by the Mantra of there is never a NO. You just have to find the right person to say YES. icon_biggrin.gif

Erdica Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 9

Way to go Mike! I'm pooped just reading all you had to go through. Geez. Gotta love the government that doesn't know what's going on but writes the laws. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats with finding tile on sale. It's a great find. Installing it is back breaking work, but it will be worth it. Take pics so we can enjoy your process with you!!!

pjaycakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 9

Way to go. Keep us updated on the progress of your new kitchen.

playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #7 of 9

Glad to hear that things are finally moving on for you. Keep a pictoral diary as you go, and send us pics of your progress when you can.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lu9129 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 9

Congratulations Mike! I am so happy for you!

Do you suppose you could work on the war thing.
You seem to know alot more that our government!!!! LOL

Mike1394 Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:10pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks all, I like the pic idea. I think about it before hand, but never end up taking the pics. Thanks for the reminder. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%