I'm Pooped Oops I Rambled On Too Long

Business By Mike1394 Updated 19 May 2008 , 12:10pm by Mike1394

Mike1394  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 9

This past two weeks have been tough. I called the HD to see exactly what I need to do to convert my upstairs apartment into a comm. kitchen. They told me no we don't do that in MI. I said yes you do. LOLOL Well, you need to call the Dept. of AG. So I called them they said NO we don't do that, you can't. I said yes you do. LOLOL. I wroe my State Senator, and told him of the issue. I get an e-mail Friday stating If it is has a separte entrance, and no access to the rest of house it's fine. Well DUH, that's what I've been trying to say. LOLOL. OK so now I can proceed with my plans. Lounging through H. Depot last night. They have ceramic tile on sale for .68 a sq ft. OMG the cheapest I've seen is .78. WoooHooo if I get it now I can save over 50 bucks. So the plans get shifted, and I start laying tile tomorrow. I already got the old floor ripped up, but I'M POOPED LOLOL
Sorry this got long.

Mike

8 replies
 indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 9

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Dont' 'cha just luv telling people how to do the job they are paid to do? Isn't it a little scary that the people we depend on to keep our restaurant and bakery kitchens safe and sanitary have no idea how the rules work? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Congrats on moving forward!!!

littlecake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:08am
post #3 of 9

YOU GO MIKE!!!!!

Mike1394 Posted 18 May 2008 , 9:32am
post #4 of 9

Thanks, and yes it is scary. I kind of live by the Mantra of there is never a NO. You just have to find the right person to say YES. icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks.

Mike

Erdica  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 9

Way to go Mike! I'm pooped just reading all you had to go through. Geez. Gotta love the government that doesn't know what's going on but writes the laws. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats with finding tile on sale. It's a great find. Installing it is back breaking work, but it will be worth it. Take pics so we can enjoy your process with you!!!

pjaycakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 9

Way to go. Keep us updated on the progress of your new kitchen.

playingwithsugar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #7 of 9

Glad to hear that things are finally moving on for you. Keep a pictoral diary as you go, and send us pics of your progress when you can.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lu9129  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 9

Congratulations Mike! I am so happy for you!

Do you suppose you could work on the war thing.
You seem to know alot more that our government!!!! LOL

Lu

Mike1394 Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:10pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks all, I like the pic idea. I think about it before hand, but never end up taking the pics. Thanks for the reminder. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%