Tiffany Blue Wedding Cake

Decorating By Mac Updated 18 May 2008 , 2:49pm by Price

Mac Posted 17 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 8

Just delivered the Tiffany Blue wedding cake and the tabel decorations and linens were WEDGEWOOD blue.

At consult (by email and phone--never met bride in person), bride requested Tiffany blue box cake. As we all know, Tiffany blue is a SPECIFIC color. Imagine my surprise with the linens...I thought it made the cake look "off".

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

7 replies
SweetArt Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:06am
post #2 of 8

I so understand you frustration. The exact same thing happened to me last Saturday. Those same colors too. Luckily, the cake table was just a white covered table.

I also had an incident last year were I did the accents on a cake in light/bright lime green. Matched the sample the bride gave me perfectly, I was happy. I got a call the next day that she was upset that the color was all wrong and that the bride's maid dresses were sage green, not lime. She came over to discuss it further, I pulled the contract out and showed her what she gave me and she said, "Oh, I gave you the wrong color sample." icon_confused.gif

Mac Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:19am
post #3 of 8

Yes, Misty--
I keep all the swatches that I am given just in case.
If she had said Wedgewood blue, I would have matched it but nothing at the reception site was close to Tiffany Blue EXCEPT the cake.

BTW--are you getting ready for Orlando???

Price Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:28am
post #4 of 8

Mind if I ask what colors you use to get the Tiffany Blue?

cakesondemand Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #5 of 8

Just did that today bride asked for eggplant but the colors were purple and yellow.

SweetArt Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:23am
post #6 of 8

No, Mac! I'm not ready at all! icon_cry.gif I haven't started anything. Not even a design for a display to bring, and I'm already wondering when I'm going to find the time to get it done anyway.

Mac Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:18pm
post #7 of 8

I actually used Wilton's Teal color--Didn't go as deep as the color sticker showed but DH said it was spot on.

I have the dummy cake that I made for the Crisman Tablescape event--I may take that one. The pink has faded just a bit but since I have started renting my own commercial kitchen, I don't have time to make anything else. Turtleshell was going to take the red one that she made for display at HL but it has started fading.

Price Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks MAC, I am thinking about attempting a package cake soon and would like to use the Tiffany colors. BTW, I took a look at your gallery. Your cakes a beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%