Help With Grad Cake

Decorating By heychele Updated 22 May 2008 , 5:51pm by cupcakemkr

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I could use all of your brilliant minds for a cake idea!
I have an order for a graduation cake to serve 200. They want the school logo, fishing, swimming,wrestling and football all incorporated in the design!
I'm planning on making three tiers whether they be stacked or attached side by side I haven't decided.
Does any one have any ideas on how to have all of these themes and not have it look like everything is thrown together with no connection?
I'm stumped and would appreciate any of your ideas!
Thank You

4 replies
shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 5

Tricky. Maybe one of the cakes could be a water cake, with fish on the sides. Then you could make two kinds of figurines: divers and fishermen, both standing on the edge of the cake. A second cake could be a football field, with the school's logo in the inzone. The third cake could be wrestling.

I'm really not sure how this would work, but maybe you could make "bleachers" between all of the cakes, kind of tying them together.

Tog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tog Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #3 of 5

http://www.sugarcreations.com/gallery3.htm

check out this website. theres one on the 3rd page left hand side, it purple, and adorable!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 5

It's the 3rd row, not the 3rd page! lol There is no 3rd page. But yes, it IS adorable!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 5

How about a football player wrestling a fish underwater?? JUST KIDDING.

I like the structure of this cake that I saw yesterday:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1221875

Maybe you could do the school logo on the top square and then the activities on the others?

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%