Help - Hubby Left Condensed & Evaporated Milk In Car - O

Decorating By imartsy Updated 17 May 2008 , 6:00pm by imartsy

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 6

My hubby was supposed to take groceries for me from our house to my parent's.... and it seems he's left it in his car all week. It's just cans of evaporated and condensed milk - I'm trying to make a tres leches cake for the first time. Do you think it's still okay to use? The weather here has been mostly rainy - but we have had one - two warmer days (like mid to high 70's)

Can I use it? I'm assuming it would normally travel by truck in all kinds of weather anyway..... maybe it's still ok?

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 6

Geesh, I would think it owuld be fine.... like you say....... how long do they travel in those trucks, or sit in store rooms all over the country ?

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 6

It is fine as long as the cans are not open, dented or bulging. The cans in cases are left in hot warehouse and unrefridgerated trucks for weeks / months.

It is one thing if it was a previously refridgerated item. You are fine.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 6

I would think you should be fine. I am sure they are stocked in a wharehouse somewhere. If anything, when you open the cans, test them (smell them and take a little taste). I don't think it will hurt them though.
HTH

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 6

hon 70 is winter here in florida
like minorfan said, as long as their not dented or bulging their fine

icon_wink.gif
good thing it wasnt meat

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 6

thank you all for helping me in my panic. icon_smile.gif And yes - thank God it wasn't anything frozen or meat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%