Need Ideas For Mom/dad Combined Birthday Cake

Decorating By jenangel1229 Updated 18 May 2008 , 2:53pm by lilyanddayne

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 5

I need some ideas for mom/dad combined birthday cake. There birthdays are both at the end of May and I don't have any ideas what to do. I can't do anything to femine or anything to masculine. Ideas would be wonderful.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Jen

Oh, this would be a round or square 8 inch layer cake

4 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe on one side put something that intrests mom, and the other side something that interests dad. Then write happy birthday down the middle or across the bottom.

SweetTsBakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTsBakeshop Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Jen!

Read your message and here is a an idea: Find out what your mom/dad hobbies are and on one half do mom's hobbies and the other half the dad's. Ex: If dad likes to fish and mom likes to read-I would build a boat out of fondant and stick it on top with Dad holding a fishing pole in the water and mom reading a book in the boat.....or if you are good at painting you could paint things that relate to their hobbies all over the sides of the cake-again splitting the halves......I hope this helps stimulate some ideas.....good luck!

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5

just did one, I put their picture on the cake with an edible image. They loved it.

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 5

What about a very special family photo, or their wedding photo, or just a really great pic of the two of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%