All Rollers Are Not Equal!!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 17 May 2008 , 7:44pm by Melvira

Melvira Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 7

At least not the refill heads!

We've discussed this at length, being sure to purchase the high density verion of the refill heads, but now I can say with some certainty, that the BRAND may even affect your results! So, if you've had any trouble with the Melvira Method, check your roller... is the refill head a Rubbermaid? THROW IT OUT! (Unless by some miracle it works for you...)

I recently found some Rubbermaid brand replacement roller heads at Wal-Mart in the white high density version and was excited because I needed a few replacements. So I got them, and immediately I started having trouble! (I was turning out some cakes that are rougher than I like to admit!!) The icing would feel crusted to my finger tips, but when I tried to roll it, the icing lifted onto the roller, it was a nightmare!! I thought it might be the humidity, but wasn't sure. But how embarassing, name the process after yourself, then you can't even DO it?? icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif

Well, the other day I was struggling with a cake, then realized I still had one of the 'other' replacement heads that was in good condition so I slipped it on, and BAMMO! Worked perfectly! I think I have a bruise on my jaw from where it hit the table. I couldn't believe it seriously made a difference!! BUT IT DID!

So unless I am simply losing my mind (possible at this point) Rubbermaid is a no-go on the roller heads! The handles are fine, but skip the refills and get something better at the hardware store. I can't say for certain which brands work and which don't, I can only rule out Rubbermaid! icon_wink.gif

6 replies
fiddlesticks Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 7

icon_lol.gif Look. I follow you everywhere ! icon_lol.gif So what brand do you buy that YOU know works for sure ?? icon_confused.gif

Melvira Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 7

Well, that's the problem... I threw away the packaging! When I go get some new ones next week I'll make a note of the brand and post it here!

fiddlesticks Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 7

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

BrandisBaked Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Well, that's the problem... I threw away the packaging! When I go get some new ones next week I'll make a note of the brand and post it here!

Tease... icon_wink.gif

rezzygirl Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the info! Just in time too because mine are getting ratty from use and washing. Note to self: NO RUBBERMAIDS!!! thumbsdown.gif

Melvira Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Tease... icon_wink.gif

Hehehe, I've got to keep you coming back for more somehow! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%