Please Help!

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 17 May 2008 , 6:31pm by JaneDee

JaneDee Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 3


I am doing a practice cake (for someone who is coming to see it today)
and I need to make it look like a (certain) pizza box, what is the best way to trace or transfer that image onto the cake. I don't have any special things for transfers but I just need a way to either trace it and then icing it on or do the gel transfer but it will turn out backwards if I do that so I'm stuck!

Please help, thank you so much!!!

2 replies
KrisD13 Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 3

If you have the image on the computer you could always reverse the image, then print.

Or, if no puter, trace the image, flip it over and trace again up against a window or over a light box. That way you have a reversed image to work with.


JaneDee Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you, dh gave me that idea too. I was being slow I guess. icon_razz.gif I traced it then flipped it over (on parchment paper) and then did a gel transfer, but it actually dried before I got it on the cake so it worked out better because instead of the gel getting on the icing it indented where all the lines where and I think I liked that better. =)

Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%