Pastry Pride Mousse

Decorating By ATCakes Updated 24 May 2008 , 1:09am by johnson6ofus

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 7

Somewhere I saw a post about using PP for a mousse filling. Does anyone have the receipe? Also, how do you flavor PP?

6 replies
albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a PP recipe. It whips up into a whipped cream consistency, so I use it like I would any whipped filling, and it will keep at room temperature longer. I flavor it lots of ways. When it looks like it needs just 30 seconds more whipping time, I will toss in:

- crushed oreo cookies (my favorite!)
- any fruit preserves (I start with half a cup, and add more if I feel like it needs more flavor or color)
- mini chocolate chips
- any instant pudding mix (I''ll usually only use half the pkg, but if you like more flavor, add more)

Hope this helps!

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 7

Fruit Fillings Inc (Robb Ross Foods) makes this super good chocolate creame filling. I wish I could get it in sleeves, but I can only get it in 20 pound buckets... but it doesn't matter because it is so good I use it up pretty quickly anyway. So I took a thunk of that and mixed it in with the chocolate pastry pride and made a FANTASTIC chocolate mousse that I use in my cakes.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 7

I use the ratios in shirley's bavarian cream filling
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-0-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

I just sub whatever flavor pudding mix I want. Choc, Lemon - I usually add some lemon juice to the pudding for lemon, etc.

JUDI

jonicca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonicca Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 7

This is the same info that I need! Alice. . .where do I find Pastry Pride???

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 7

Smart and Final... I don't know if they have Smart and Final where you live. I also sell cake supplies so I am able to get the Pastry Pride at my wholesaler, so clearly S&M doesn't have an exclusive contract.

I wish I could mail it to you, but I have no idea how to mail perishables.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:09am
post #7 of 7

I used that Bavarian creme recipe and just used a small tub of cool whip instead of pastry pride---- added the spoonful of rum. Very yummy, very stable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%