Pastry Pride Mousse

Decorating By ATCakes Updated 24 May 2008 , 1:09am by johnson6ofus

ATCakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 7

Somewhere I saw a post about using PP for a mousse filling. Does anyone have the receipe? Also, how do you flavor PP?

6 replies
albumangel Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a PP recipe. It whips up into a whipped cream consistency, so I use it like I would any whipped filling, and it will keep at room temperature longer. I flavor it lots of ways. When it looks like it needs just 30 seconds more whipping time, I will toss in:

- crushed oreo cookies (my favorite!)
- any fruit preserves (I start with half a cup, and add more if I feel like it needs more flavor or color)
- mini chocolate chips
- any instant pudding mix (I''ll usually only use half the pkg, but if you like more flavor, add more)

Hope this helps!

alicegop Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 7

Fruit Fillings Inc (Robb Ross Foods) makes this super good chocolate creame filling. I wish I could get it in sleeves, but I can only get it in 20 pound buckets... but it doesn't matter because it is so good I use it up pretty quickly anyway. So I took a thunk of that and mixed it in with the chocolate pastry pride and made a FANTASTIC chocolate mousse that I use in my cakes.

Juds2323 Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 7

I use the ratios in shirley's bavarian cream filling
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-0-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

I just sub whatever flavor pudding mix I want. Choc, Lemon - I usually add some lemon juice to the pudding for lemon, etc.

JUDI

jonicca Posted 18 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 7

This is the same info that I need! Alice. . .where do I find Pastry Pride???

alicegop Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 7

Smart and Final... I don't know if they have Smart and Final where you live. I also sell cake supplies so I am able to get the Pastry Pride at my wholesaler, so clearly S&M doesn't have an exclusive contract.

I wish I could mail it to you, but I have no idea how to mail perishables.

johnson6ofus Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:09am
post #7 of 7

I used that Bavarian creme recipe and just used a small tub of cool whip instead of pastry pride---- added the spoonful of rum. Very yummy, very stable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%